Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Question on scope >

Question on scope

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Question on scope

Old 09-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Spike

Default Question on scope

I have a Browning A-bolt 300 win. that I put a scope on. The problem is the scope is right on for about 3-4 shots, after that all heck breaks lose and I can't hit the broad side of a barn. What do I need to do to keep it in-line?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question on scope

Do you mean that the first few shots from a cold barrel are always good and then the accuracy goes away as you continue to shoot?Does the accuracy return when the barrel cools fully?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Spike

No, the accuracy does not return after a few shots. It's basicly knocking my scope out of allignment.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

It sounds like your scope is either loose in the rings (relatively speaking) and is sliding under the recoil of the gun OR it is simply trashed internally and is no longer capable of holding a zero.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya we need some more details. What bases, rings, scope do you have on the gun? Which way are the bullets moving, are they still grouping or not?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Spike

The scope is still grouping. The rings I don't know, I took it too a gunsmith that drilled it and sighted it in. I was thinking that the rings could be lose also, but people keep telling me I need a new scope. If it is the scope which ones do you recommend? I don't have a lot of money to spend on a scope due to med school (da*n student loans), so please keep that in mind.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: hossofadoc

No, the accuracy does not return after a few shots. It's basicly knocking my scope out of allignment.
What the guy was looking for was, does the gun shoot fine after you let it sit for a while and let the barrel cool?
Old 09-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I took it too a gunsmith that drilled it and sighted it in.
If he drilled the gun,he isn't much of a gunsmith.We really can't help you without knowing more details.However it sounds like you need to have someone else remount the scope.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Spike

Thanks for the help anyways guys. I really appreciate it. I'll have someone else check it out.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

So the guy drilled the rifle? Why? They already have drilled out and tapped holes for scope mounts. What brand scope do you have?

Quick Reply: Question on scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.