Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Glocks... yay or nay? >

Glocks... yay or nay?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Glocks... yay or nay?

Old 08-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Glocks... yay or nay?

Those of you that shoot with them, how do you like them? Also, are they reliable and do they have a natural aimpoint for you?
Old 08-08-2006, 06:20 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Glocks... yay or nay?

yay, they are perfect for what they are intended, a lite, no nonsense, no frills, pull it fire it, self defense pistol.

alot of people want safeties, and all the other crap that can get in your way. If I get that, now I got a target pistol.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL
Old 08-08-2006, 06:37 PM

For self defense with out a doubt yes, agree with bigcountry 150%. They will feed an empty casing ! Not to mention any loaded rounds you put in it. Match guns they are not, but pure survival tools they are without doubt! Uncanny reliable, I have two and neither has jammed on me to this date and that is with firing some real junk ammo.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

yay, they are perfect for what they are intended, a lite, no nonsense, no frills, pull it fire it, self defense pistol.

alot of people want safeties, and all the other crap that can get in your way. If I get that, now I got a target pistol.
I will agree!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:20 PM

YAY! But not to the exclusion of all other pistols. The golck I have experience with is fairly accurate, ridiculously durable, surprisingly dependable and fun to shoot.
okcmco
Old 08-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I carry a 23 every day...Got it after I qualified for CC several years ago...I had used revolvers and other autos before, but like BC said, you pull it out and pull the trigger...The deputy that taught CC said too many cops had been killed because they forgot to take off the safety when it came time to use their weapon...Mine is plenty accurate to defend yourself...I too have a few target and hunting pistols that are more accurate...The whole CC thing is that we all have a right to defend ourselves soif you need to do so they will be close, real close...usually just a few feet away....

I did try several types/brands of ammo before I settled on the most accurate...so far as "natural" aimpoint..It becomes natural the more you practice.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

They get the job done, but I don't see much advantage to them in any caliber except 9mm. The unsupported chambers in the larger calibers can lead to wear and metal fatigue much more quickly thanin the 17/19/26 models, although the service life of the larger-bore modelsis about the same with other polymer-frame combat handguns of the same caliber.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

I find the trigger safety adequate for the job. I carry mine loaded in a inside pants holster and ive not shot my nads off yet. (knocks on wood) It has not jammed one time out of around 500rds im guessing and it dont seem to hardly get dirty at all (even though i clean it all the time). its very accurate and lightweight, easy to maneuver. I guess im saying pretty much whats already been said but i cant say enought about mine. At 550$, its very hard to beat. I love mine! the glock 22 i have is the standard issue weapon of the U.S. marshalls. That has to say something, not to mention its used by at least 80% of police and game officials. So "yay" for me also.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

They don't feel right in my hand, the funky grip angle and bigger grip don't fit me at all. If they fit me I would more than likely have one. The Springfield XD is my piece of choice because of the way it feels in my hands.

Quick Reply: Glocks... yay or nay?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.