Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Any Springfield XD pistol users out there? >

Any Springfield XD pistol users out there?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Any Springfield XD pistol users out there?

Old 08-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Any Springfield XD pistol users out there?

I am looking at going to a 9mm to teach the little biscuits how to shoot. I was looking at one of these today, made in Croatia. It has a steel frame and polymer receiver. The double action pull was surprisingly decent. They have been selling quite well locally. So I am wondering if they are reliable, and what experience, if any, others may have had. This will be for range use.

Thanks
Old 08-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any Springfield XD pistol users out there?

I have an XD 40 Tactical model and absolutely love it. I'm the kind of guy that buys a gun, shoots it for a whlie, gets tired of it and trade it off or sells it. This one is not going anywhere anytime soon. I installed a set of Trijicon nite sights on mine, a 22# spring, and a Dons Stainless Guide Rod. Gun shoots like a dream. I now have roughly 3,000rds thru the gun, and I have not cleaned it to date, other than before firing it to get the grease/oil from factory out of it. It has had 2 FTE, but that was when a buddy was shooting it, and he was limp wristing it.

Here is a photo of a group I shot with it around the first week I had it.

I can't remember what distance that group was shot at, it was shot off-hand and at a pretty fast rate. It was either 15 or 25 yards at the indoor range.

Here's a picture of it broke down, very easy disassembly, takes about 10 seconds at most.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

XD-40 here! I like it alot, but waiting for the barrel conversion to 9mm to come in.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

I've had an XD9 for about 3 years now and LOVE IT!! I've had absolutely no ammo problems and it's quite accurate. Surf on over to http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ for all the info you might ever want to know about the XD line. That's where I first learned about them and was fortunately able to shoot one at my local range before I bought one (chose it over a Glock because the grip design is so much more comfortable for me and many others).

I really don't think you can go wrong with one.....good thing you're looking for a 9mm....the .40s and the .45s are both hard to come by these days from what I've read.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive got a XD-45 tactical here I absolutely love it they are built as tough if not tougher then a glock, very reliable I have had mine now for almost 2 months and have put about 1000 rounds through it without a hitch absolutely not one malfunction. I have not given it a thorough cleaning yet either other then just a wipe down with a silicone rag and run a little bit a JB bore paste and an oily swab through the barrel is about it. you cant go wrong with an XD.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:44 PM

I had one when it was actually imported from Croatia under a different name and not Springfield. It was in 9mm and I really liked it. It was alot cheaper too. Surprising how the new name made the price go up so much more. I think mine was 299.00 + tax. Had no gripes about functioning or fit though. Well made.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I appreciate all the comments. Surfing the web shows pretty favorable reviews,too. I have resisted "Combat Tupperware" up to now, but it pointed very naturally and the trigger is decent. So this is in the running.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

GOT the XD-40 here..the ported model..with the high capacity magazines..have had lots of semi-auto pistols in my time..this has to be one of the nicest and sweetest semi's ever...smooth and slick...easy to point and hold...can't imagine anyting finer..awesome to say the least.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: AmericanPioneer

I had one when it was actually imported from Croatia under a different name and not Springfield. It was in 9mm and I really liked it. It was alot cheaper too. Surprising how the new name made the price go up so much more. I think mine was 299.00 + tax. Had no gripes about functioning or fit though. Well made.
Guess that would be the HS2000....the model name before Springfield got the rights. I bought my XD9 service model about 3 years ago for right at $415 with tax and all. Now they run about $480 before tax. Yikes!! I did have to "upgrade" to some 15-round mags about 5 months after I got mine, however.

Not sure what the warranty was before Springfield got the import rights, but I guess there's a price for the lifetime warranty.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recently bought an XD45 and I love this gun.

Quick Reply: Any Springfield XD pistol users out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.