Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 More questions on .22 ammo.... >

More questions on .22 ammo....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

More questions on .22 ammo....

Old 07-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default More questions on .22 ammo....

After reading the post inquiring about .22 shorts, I remembered that I wanted to ask if anyone knows if .22 CB's or BB's are still available?? I believe they were primarily used in the shooting booths at the county fairs and such places. They were also great medicine for backyard pests (sparrows, chipmunks, etc.) Would love to get some if they are being made yet............
Old 07-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: More questions on .22 ammo....

Yep...In shorts and longs...They make my Remington 541-T a "pellet gun"...Works well for the local squirrels trying to overtake my birdfeeder...
Old 07-24-2006, 04:34 PM
DM

They are still made by CCI and aremade inboth CB shortsand CB longs... I see i have a box of CB shorts around made by Winchester too...

Drilling Man
Old 07-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep!! That's what I'm looking for.....Do you know what company produces them, and/or where you can get them? Are they available mail order from any shooting supply houses that you know of? Any info would be appreciated..... Haven't seen them in any of the local gun or hardware stores around here for a long time Here in WesternPA. Thanks......
Old 07-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I found them at Midsouth Shooters Supply...Both the CB Shorts and the CB Longs...CCI makes both...go to rimfire and then "Hunting/Hi Velocity" loads...
Old 07-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks again...I know I have a current catalog here somewhere. I'll give it a look, and if I don't see them there, I'll try the website. You've been very helpful.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

check your walmarts...even though most of you guys HATE walmart lol. i know my walmart has some CB longs and Shorts. CCI makes them. we used to use them for coon hunting when the dog would end up closer to peoples houses then we intended..but not close enough to stop us from shooting.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

There's also .22 shotshells.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah...The .22 shotshells are fun stuff, too. I use them primarily on the carpenter bees around here in the spring. Just love it when they hover in the air for a second or two... Tried them in one of my .22 revolvers on the bees, but had much better results using a rifle. Thanks for the idea.....
Old 07-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure these are what your looking for as they are in long rifle. But i picked up a few boxes by mailorder while ordering some other things. Aguila - 22. colibri at that Natchez reloading supply place not to long ago. They have no gunpowder in them just the primer compound& 20 grain bullets- there very mild& quiet.

Quick Reply: More questions on .22 ammo....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.