Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New Ithaca Deerslayers >

New Ithaca Deerslayers

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Ithaca Deerslayers

Old 07-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Ithaca Deerslayers

For those that may not have heard. The Ithaca Deerslayer II's and III's should be hitting retailers in the upcoming months.

Belowis the advertising template showing the new guns.

If anyone would like to see more pics of either model justPM meand I can send them to you.

JC

Old 07-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New Ithaca Deerslayers

Iread thatIthica went out of buisness just before winchester shut there doors. If not, i sure am glad. They make good shotguns.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:20 PM

They were bought out, and relocated to Ohio (?). I'm pretty sure it was Ohio.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the story for those that are not familiar with it....JC

TRANSITION

Ithaca Gun moved to King Ferry under new ownership in the 1980s, after encountering fiscal trouble and an expensive environmental cleanup in Ithaca. The company went bankrupt in 1995, and was bought by a group of investors that continued to build the classic Ithaca firearms at the King Ferry facility. In April, 2005 the company was moved to Auburn, NY in anticipation of a sale to a new investor. When that sale fell through around Memorial Day, Ithaca Gun closed its doors.

REVITALIZATION

When they heard about the closing of the historic firearm manufacturer, Floyd and Craig Marshall contacted the investors with the intent of revitalizing the company. Four months later, on December 9th, the sale was completed and several tractor-trailers full of files, drawings, fixtures, & parts were on the way to MoldCraft, the Marshalls' mold and tool manufacturing company in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. Since that time, the Ithaca Guns USA team has been working tirelessly to organize the company into a modern, world-class firearms manufacturer. During the first weeks of 2006, the company has geared up for resuming production of the classic Ithaca designs. A new customer-focused Parts & Service Department is in place, staffed by industry-recognized hunting and sport shooting experts. And along with the classic Ithaca designs, the new company has a series of product innovations in the works. Ithaca Guns USA is proud to be a part of the long history of loyal Ithaca Gun enthusiasts. We are committed to providing our customers with an exceptional product, continued innovation, and outstanding customer service.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

I'm glad some body saved them. I just wish the same could have been done for Winchester. That Deerslayer III looks pretty bad. Can you say Beanfield slug gun??