Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Best gun ever >

Best gun ever

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best gun ever

Old 07-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Best gun ever

Love that combo!

A few years back, an old widow offered me her husbands for $2,500 and I passed it on to a friend.[:@]
Old 07-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Ithaca 12 ga enough said.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:32 AM
bigcountry

Hey, stretch, why is it everybody from Utica to syracuse says ithaca is the best? Got a buddy from utica and its the only shotgun he will shoot.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BuckWow

Im gunna be hunting in africa....the game im killing isnt really that big so i dont think im gunna need allot of firepower....i just need the perfect gun....im willing to spend any amount of money on firepower and bait. Please reply back!
I just finished building a flintlock Jaeger in .73 caliber (12 bore). I believe with 200 grains of Swiss FFg behind that 600-grain PRB, it would kill anything in Africa.

But if you want a modern rifle, get a 7X57mm Mauser-actioned lightweight, and shoot 175-grain bullets in it- Nosler Partiton jacket softpoints for smaller, thin-skinned stuff,including leopard & lion, and use monolithic solids of the same weight for brain shots on elephant, Cape Buffalo, and Rhino.......... Whatever riufle you select, make sure it is a controlled-round feed if a bolt gun. If you have no worries about cost, get a British double in .577 Nitro or 600 Nitro Express. Next, go to the range and learn to shoot it! Good luck!
Old 07-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Hey, stretch, why is it everybody from Utica to syracuse says ithaca is the best? Got a buddy from utica and its the only shotgun he will shoot.
I`d say it is everybody from Utica to ithaca since ithaca is pass syracuse. It`s what we were brought up on. Since they were built local they were all over the place
Old 07-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Banned

I think that the best gun ever is the one that you shoot the best or one that has killed your greatest trophy or posssibly means the most to you, such as sentimental reasons as maybe a relative gave it to you.HCH
Old 07-08-2006, 08:37 PM

Im gunna be hunting in africa....the game im killing isnt really that big so i dont think im gunna need allot of firepower....i just need the perfect gun....im willing to spend any amount of money on firepower and bait. Please reply back!
Pose the same question to whomever is buying your airline ticket; they will likely have the proper advise.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator of course!
Old 07-23-2006, 07:49 AM

If you are hunting deer, lion, bear etc... and need a quick follow up shot please invest in a good autoloader deer rifle. Remington just came out with there new model 750 Woodsmaster that you can buy at Walmart for about $584. It is a great rifle I just bought one and have put about 300 shots through it without any problems. If you are not a Remington fan, (whichI suggest you should be) than buy a Brownong BAR. Have fun in Africa and kill some for us.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:57 AM

ORIGINAL: biscuit jake

Hee hee.

So, in Africa aren't we the bait? And size is a relative thing there. Leave the worries behind and take a .375 Holland and Holland. Small enough to carry, shoots flat enough to get out there, & can argue with the "slightly larger" quarry. And if money is no object, what the hey, get a double rifle! Hmm. What does a safari cost nowadays, $40,000?
.375 H&H is an absolute must for Africa. It is an excellent antelope gun, and is big enough to take down a lion, it's the minimum for Cape Buff, I wouldnt use it for them, but you can do it. good luck buyin a double barrel...gotta hit the loottery for them things. the .375 is good for anythin sept for Elephant.

-Travis-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.