Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 I don't wanna part with my gun >

I don't wanna part with my gun

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I don't wanna part with my gun

Old 06-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I don't wanna part with my gun

I'm not sure that I could sell a gun, especially one that I bought new and is a good shooter. Problem is I got my eye on another and can't drop the cash right now.
I'm looking to downgrade from a stainless/synthetic Tikka .308 and buy a rem 7600 in .308, I don't want to take a bath selling the Tikka after 3yrs, and I love the gun, but the lighter pump would work better for the way I hunt. I don't need two guns in .308.

So, waht would you all do, sell a gun that you probably wouldn't use much anyways, or wait and save up for your next toy?
Old 06-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Banned

Default RE: I don't wanna part with my gun

I would rethink that pump idea; you have a WAAAAAAY better gun right now. Pumps are for shotguns...bolt-actions are for rifles.
HCH[/align]
Old 06-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I would rethink that pump idea; you have a WAAAAAAY better gun right now. Pumps are for shotguns...bolt-actions are for rifles.
HCH
[/align]
x2
Old 06-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know the Tikka is a better gun, but its like carrying around an outboard motor. I tend to sit and wait with the bow, with the gun I'm always on my feet walking, or standing waiting for the dogs.
When I take out the iron sighted 30-30 I see big bucks standing still200yrds away, When I take the scoped Tikka they always run past at mock chicken 20ft away! I'm looking for a good compromise between the two, and I'm comfortable with pumps from alot of waterfowling.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's crazy talk man! Never sell a gun. Big Brother is trying to get all our guns already. Don't ever give one up. You'll need all you can get.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

put the new one on layaway before selling the one you already have
Old 06-22-2006, 06:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Put a 1-4 or 1.5-5power scope on the Tikka.

Plenty of magnification for a 200 yard shot and at 1 power it's much better than using iron sights.

This way you don't have to sell the Tikka and you can reinstall the larger scope when you get enough money saved for another gun.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rammer

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

HCH

[/align]
x2
DITTO
Old 06-22-2006, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pumps are for shotguns...bolt-actions are for rifles.
Man I am going to have to edumicate you. Larry Benoit and Lanny Benoitwould be deeply offended by that remark
Old 06-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

DON'T get rid of what you have! No matter what. As stated put the other on lay away, sell or pawn something to pay for it, get creative. If you insist on selling the other one, pm me about it.

Quick Reply: I don't wanna part with my gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.