Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 The NRA Wastes Money! >

The NRA Wastes Money!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

The NRA Wastes Money!

Old 06-16-2006, 08:43 PM

Default The NRA Wastes Money!

I've been an NRA member for the past five years. Why am I a member? Because I believe in the right to bear arms and I want to preserve that right for myself and my family, long after I'm gone. One thing that gets me though, is the fact that they send so much "junk mail" week after week in an attempt to get me to renew my membership- sometimes only weeksafter I had just sent in my renewal from the previous year!

There's no doubt that the NRA hasa competent marketing department, and I know that in the long run, these mailings may amount to bigger sales. But it just seems to me that they would be able to save a lot of their proceeds and put them to better use if they just cut WAY back on their solicitations and premature renewal notices...

Does anybody else agree???
Old 06-16-2006, 08:47 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The NRA Wastes Money!

Here's what I did: I took one of their letters and wrote "BACK OFF!!!" on it in large letters with a magic marker and returned it to them.

It worked. Now I only get a letter every six months or so.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:01 PM

Maybe they don't like me.LOL I have been a member for 11 years now, and get 1 renewal(sp?)letter a year. Well, we get two, one for me and the other for my wife.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Banned

This has been a topic on here before. Still a great fight for our rights and a worthwhile org IMO
Old 06-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

So what is the latest emergency??
LOL
I get phone calls also.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:30 PM

This has been a topic on here before.
Oh man, that's one of my pet peeves! As a constant monitor of this website, I often read posts, review them, and occasionally post when I feelthat I can add some value.

Still a great fight for our rights and a worthwhile org IMO
Yep, I defintely agree with you there. I just feel that our dollars will go farther if they don't keep sending us countless, unnecessary hardcopy renewal notices that just end up inthe trash!
Old 06-16-2006, 11:46 PM
bigcountry

You know I have been a member for like 20 years. And the leadership is getting on my nerves. I consider it my organization as all members should. I haven't took the next step to write with some recommendations. But keep planning on it.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I understand exactly what you are talking about..........I get a little peeved at all the needless mail I get from them sometimes, too. They are, however, the ones who get down and dirty with those who need it.
I think they probably get bulk mailing rates with the volume of mail they produce, and take advantage of that.
I think I'd rather be getting too much from them and have them around, versus the other option I don't even want to think about............
Yeah, their recordkeeping could use a little "sprucing up" at times,too.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

They called my Dad one night about about 930 to sign up (he was already a member) and he told them not to call after 9. Well two days later he got a phone call from them at 10 at night, so the next day he called and cancelled his membership. Good organization just bad marketing execs.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been a member since 1968 and likely will continue to be.....In that time they hopped in bed with the John Birch society, asked me to name them in my will, sent letters needlessly and tried to wizz me off in many other ways.....one has to wonder just what they really are all about.

What's their latest emergency?....good question...that too is seriously irritating.....there's always some serious emergency.....like the UN coming to take my guns away now that Republicans control the house, senate and whitehouse...they need an emergency.

The more I see of the NRA the more I like the Safari club as a defender of our rights.

Quick Reply: The NRA Wastes Money!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.