Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

rings??? need help

Old 06-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default rings??? need help

first off what do you guys think of millet rings????
second will they work on a Warne maxima two peice bace? thanks

Jeff Smith
Old 06-07-2006, 08:49 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: rings??? need help

ORIGINAL: duckdog132

Jeff Smith
I like millets ok. They are not my first choice, but I have some on my shotgun. I do believe they will work on warnes as long as they are weaver type bases.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

big country whats your choice? im not wanting to spend an arm and a leg for a pair. what do you think
Old 06-07-2006, 10:00 PM
bigcountry

First choice is probably Talley rings and bases. Second is Leupold. But have really liked what I seen out of the warne. Millets are affordable. And as long as everything lines up, they are fine.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Millet would be my last choice.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I equate Millett with Tasco rings or Leupold riflemen rings.They suck that bad. If you have warne bases why not buy warne rings? Am I missing something here?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Obviously Talley would be many educated shooters first choice, however just as obvious is their high cost. I personally would go with Warne Maxima's.
Owning both sets of rings personally, I have a hard time justify the added price of the Taleys for anything other than a gun that you are going for a "custom" look/feel...
Old 06-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: duckdog132

Jeff Smith
Jeff, Ihave a good friend that his son is a youth minister in Jacksonville, Illinois.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:24 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I equate Millett with Tasco rings or Leupold riflemen rings.They suck that bad. If you have warne bases why not buy warne rings? Am I missing something here?
Are missing something, uh maybe not sure of your experience. I used to think the same but it was gas station check in hear say. I put a set on my sluggun thinking it was temporary, and dadgone, but they held zero, was pretty uniform, didn't have to lap very much, blueing matches the gun, not sure what more you want for rings. So kinda adjusted my stand on em. I guess the proof is in the puddin.

I would buy em again in a pinch.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

exactly..I use warne rings and mounts on most of my guns and love them. Very beefy strong mount. They are such a great mount that it is the industry standard for the .500 S&W handgun.

Quick Reply: rings??? need help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.