Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Kahr Pistols ...Pro and Cons >

Kahr Pistols ...Pro and Cons

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Kahr Pistols ...Pro and Cons

Old 05-30-2006, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Kahr Pistols ...Pro and Cons

WHo actually owns one of these and how do they like them? I have not seen one in the flesh yet but the writeups and the tech specs are pretty impressive.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:13 AM

Default RE: Kahr Pistols ...Pro and Cons

I have an older one in .40. I bought it from a fellow who thought it was too painful to shoot. My only issue is full power loads can be a handfull and it's heavy for a little gun. The quality and workmanship arevery goodthough. Mine mostly rides in my glovebox.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hmm..they are kind of lightweight aren't they?
Old 05-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not own one, but have handled several.

They are very flat for easy carry, especially now that they are using a thinner slide lock lever. The trigger pull is a lot like the Glock, but without the stupid trigger safety thingy.
The PM series are to small for my hand, so I prefer the compacts so I can use all my fingersto hang on to it.
I think I would prefer the K series that has the steel frame for recoil absorption. Anytime you get a 9mm, 40, or 45GAP down that small it's going to be snappy.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:40 PM

oeh my brother has had a 9mm Kahr for several years and hasn't had so much as the first hickup from it. He (like myself) has an arsenal of weapons to carry but typically for his CCW the Kahr is his pick because of its size and lightweight.

My "pocket 9" is a KelTec (which I must confess hasn't given me one iota of problems) but had I not practically stolen that gun I would more than likely have gotten a Kahr by now! They may feel like toys but they are NOT built like one...
RA
Old 05-30-2006, 09:53 PM

A guy gave me a Kahr a couple months ago for a partial trade on a boat motor I was selling. It was a P-9, 9mm 7+1 capacity 6" long 4 1/2" tall and weighed in at 17.7oz empty. Neither my wife nor I really liked it. Just didn't fit our hands very well. But, it did function 100% of the time.I put around 400 rounds through it. I ended up trading itfor a CZ 2075 RAMI in9mm for my wife. This is a great gun and a great value. Dealer had it marked at $475, and he priced the used Kahr at $500. The CZ has now digested, as of saturday, 1,150 rounds without so much as a hiccup. And it is comparable in size to the Kahr, and holds 10+1 rounds. Good luck
Old 05-31-2006, 11:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

I carry a K40 Covert on a regular basis; my only Kahr. It's quite heavy for its size, but notany more so than my Steyr M40when fully loaded. The weight makes recoil a non-issue in my opinion, so no complaints there. The butt ispretty short, but that of course is by design, as is the very slim profile. I use grip extensions on all of my mags, so that makes proper grip fairly easy to achieve.

It shoots very well, and I haven't experienced any jams or other malfunctions during shooting with either my target or defense ammunition. Accuracy is pretty good for the barrel/slide length (I'm sure the pistol shoots better than I can), and the trigger is extremely smooth.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that gun stores with ranges woul dsell a lot more of the KAHRs if they had them for rent. IL is not a CCW market, but they only ever seem to have the cannons in the rental counters. It's a shame.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:45 AM

I was an "early adopter" when the Kahr came out. I got the stainless 9mm and it became my daily carry. It shoots like a dream and is incredibly well made. Like others have said, it IS heavy for its size, which was its only drawback from a carry standpoint. It only got benched when I had a chance to handle the P9, which of course, had to come home with me! I love the way it fits my hand and it is substantially lighter.

One drawback is that aftermarket goodies are not always available.

-- FLIX

Old 06-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was thinking of getting a Kahr myself.
ANybody like a specific holster for it, adn what model Kahr do you stuff it with?

Quick Reply: Kahr Pistols ...Pro and Cons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.