Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Bushnell Sportview >

Bushnell Sportview

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bushnell Sportview

Old 10-30-2002, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bushnell Sportview

Does anyone own one and what is the warranty on it. Basically I bought a used Sako in 308 about a year ago and it came with the rifle, The Dealer told me the previous owner had mounted it just before deer season and then bought it in to be sold. I bought it and took it to alabama and popped a management doe with it first time in the woods. I recently went to adjust the elevation/windage on it and seems that the dial is frozen... Its really not a bad scope at all and would like to mount it on a 77/22 ...anyone had any dealings with Bushnell ?
Old 10-30-2002, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bushnell Sportview

I've had Scopechiefs and Banners, but no Sportviews. The Sportview is their bottom-of-the-line model. I have two old Scopechiefs that have the "Command Post" reticle, and they are very good scopes.....I like to be able to select either a post or crosshairs, as necessary.

Keep yore powder dry!!
Old 10-30-2002, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

The sportview is a bottom line scope that I would not trust on a hunting rifle but they should still be covered by the standard bushnell warrantee.I would contact bushnell to get the details.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:58 AM

Actually the Sportsview line is no longer made. They were replaced by the Sportsman line. I believe the warranty is only good to the original purchaser. Better figure on buying a new scope.
Old 10-30-2002, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I called them this morning it will cost 10 bucks to get it fixed...thats ok its going on a 22 maybe it will be so screwed they'lll replace it with something new.....Not holding my breath