Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.25 wssm

Old 05-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Banned

Default RE: .25 wssm

No one can fore see the future; I also can't see that the 25.06 needed improvement. I will claim this as a fact that I am sure is true. Take a 25wssm to a gun show and a 25.06 to a gunshow and try to trade both of them in on a new gun. I would bet that you will come home with the 25wssm or you lose money trying to get rid of it. Am I wrong with this statement? BTW, I study gunbroker all the time and wheel and deal in guns.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

BTW, I study gunbroker all the time and wheel and deal in guns.
Then you should be fully aware of the value of a collector qualityModel 70 in 25 WSSM...

The value of the Featherweights in Stainless Steel have already risen by 20% since the factory closed...

I also can't see that the 25.06 needed improvement.
I can...the case requires an unneccesarily long action
Old 05-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Banned

I am glad you are happy with yours. If we all liked the same thing it would be a boring world.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with hardcore on this one. The WSSMs are a dying breed. I do not know a single shooter that has one around my area, or any that desire to have one besides me. I will purchase a 25WSSM in the near future, just becaust I want to tinker with one, and I think it would make a very nice lightweight rifle to carry out west on antelope/muley hunts.

As for the statement of the Model 70 Featherweights in stainless going up, you are correct. The other model 70s have bumped up a bit, but they are not moving off the shelfs.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rammer,

Don't get me wrong, I know there will a time and place when these cartridiges will be difficult to find...However, that will not likely be for many years to come (10-15 minimum...IMHO).

That is far different scenario from the one that Hardcore is trying to paint, with statement such as..." The ammo will be obsolete soon"
Old 05-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am sure you are well, it was only one manufacturer of the guns that went out of business. The ammo manufacturer involved in the design, and the second original manufacturer, (Browning), are still going strong.

WTF does" I am sure you are well mean"? Only one manufacturer of guns that went out of business but the caliber is known as a 25 Winchester Super Short Mag is it not? They conceived it and it failed and failed miserably just judging from what I have seen on gunbroker and at my local Gander mountain and another very high volume dealer and my Walmart.2 of the stores mentioned handle browning as well and are sitting on abolts as well as a few M70's chambered in 223,243 and 25wssm. All the long action calibers as well as 270,300wsm are gone. These are going the route of the dodo and the 5mm Remington.As far as performance what does the25 do that a 25-06 can't do? You can get 25-06 ammo anywhere and at 1/2 the price.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

RR
I am not familiar with Dedicated Technology. Do they build entire guns or just AR uppers? The wssmis a cool idea for an AR. PM me, I would like to hear more about this.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Unless you are locked in to factory ammo, the ammo availabilty should not be a problem. I would however strock up on Brass while its EASY to get instead of waiting for any possible shortage occurs. Just for myself, I am not into any semi auto rifles for any reason but if thats what you have in mind, stock up now. Even if no shortage occurs, you will probably get them cheaper now that later.
Old 05-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally stick with calibers that WalMart carries with the exception of 375 H&H. I do think that having an upper for one of my AR's in a "big game" caliber would be quite a novelty. I have already emailed dtech for more info on caliber choices.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

I was just wondering what guys are using the .25 wssm for. I was thinking about getting one in a model 70 stealth but I really don't know what i would use it for here in Illinois. in others words, I need to be talked into the idea.
My cousin has a .25 WSSM and loves it. He hunts varmints, hogs, deer, and shoots targets with it.

Quick Reply: .25 wssm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.