Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning BPS ..opinions >

Browning BPS ..opinions

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning BPS ..opinions

Old 05-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Browning BPS ..opinions

I ended up with one of these and I have to say it is a very nice shotgun
Old 05-02-2006, 01:20 PM

Default RE: Browning BPS ..opinions

I've shot my father's BPS quite a bit. I love those guns. They take the best of the other pumps and make the ultimate pump shotgun. Mossberg's safety, Ithica's bottom load/eject, solid pumping action like Remington and Winchester. Hard to go wrong with the BPS.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

very nice shotgun i didnt care for the low front bead to i changed it out with a hi viz one, it took all of 5mins to do so. just heat teh barrel up with a blow dryer first to losen up the locktight then put a rubber band on your pair of pliars so it doent destroy the bead and shes come right out. I mostly shoot trap with mine and shes done me good so far.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:41 PM

In my opinion, one of the best, if not the best pump shotgun on the market. I have not had any problems, and love the bottom eject.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I actually like shooting shotguns and bird hunting more then rifle hunting or shooting. I have been away from it for a long time and wanted to get back into bird hunting. A BPS was an after thought and Iinstead looked at Remington 870,Ithaca 37 as decent pump guns. After looking at my BPS and seeing the features they have..there is no pump even close. All nicely machined steel parts(no beer can parts) forged reciever and a back bored barrel...doesn't get better then that
Old 05-02-2006, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I actually like shooting shotguns and bird hunting more then rifle hunting or shooting. I have been away from it for a long time and wanted to get back into bird hunting. A BPS was an after thought and Iinstead looked at Remington 870,Ithaca 37 as decent pump guns. After looking at my BPS and seeing the features they have..there is no pump even close. All nicely machined steel parts(no beer can parts) forged reciever and a back bored barrel...doesn't get better then that
I have to agree on all accounts. The Browning is as fine a pump as youcan get. Though I prefer an over and under for my wing shooting.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:19 PM

[quote][there is no pump even close. /quote]

Thats not being made anymore that is. Top pump of all time is ye' old Model 12
Old 05-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have tried about every shotgun out there and the BPS is by far my favorite. IMO the old Model 12 can't hold a candle to the BPS.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO the old Model 12 can't hold a candle to the BPS.
Wow James that is a strong statement and I am sure you will get some feedback on that but I agree with you. If the 12 is better I don't see where
Old 05-02-2006, 05:34 PM

I own 3 one is a 12 ga stalker I bought in 83/84 for duck gun andit has surviedA ton of abuse,saltwater freshwater and alot of hunting in freezing temp it has never not misfired or failed in any way. the other 2 are 20ga one is the upland w/ the english stock 20" barrel a real sweet gun . They can be a pain to reassemble

Quick Reply: Browning BPS ..opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.