Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 On the road but scope ?? >

On the road but scope ??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

On the road but scope ??

Old 04-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: On the road but scope ??

I've got a VX-III and really like it. Of course, I've also got a Nikon (Buckmaster), and it is a good scope also. Both scopes will gather more than enough light for the shot, even after legal shooting hours for big game. With a little moonlight, I can shoot coons and possums withoutthe aid ofartificial light.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with the Zeiss Conquest. Good luck.

Old 04-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Fork Horn

You can buy the lowest line of Ziess for $450.00 and you can buy a VXIII for the same amount.The features on the low line Ziess are not as good as the VXIII.Also the Ziess 40mm will equail the light of a VXIII 40mm and less light than the 50mm.Trust me I had the low end Ziess and sold it to buy my leupold 50mm.Did you think about the Adjustable objective in the VXII and VXIII?It lets you adjust the yardage with the twist of your fingers.You don't even have to resight in the gun like you would with a Ziess.You won't have to play the high low gessing game on yardage.You can aslo add in a Sunshaid to the leupold to reduce glair.The Leupold has a Multicoat lens system.The noncritacal eye relief matches the constant eye relief.I have had no problems with my Leupolds.You allso get allot more cross hair choises with the Leupold.You can also have leupold swich out the cross hairs you have now for new ones of any type you want with their new custom shop.They are the best scope I have ever owned in my opinion.I had the Ziess and the Leupold. I'll never look back at the Ziess.It is not workth the extra Money.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Northernforest

Did you think about the Adjustable objective in the VXII and VXIII?It lets you adjust the yardage with the twist of your fingers.You don't even have to resight in the gun like you would with a Ziess.
??

It’s more particle to have a scope with no adj. objective lens for big game hunting unless it’s a target shooting or for varmint...
Old 04-24-2006, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Did you think about the Adjustable objective in the VXII and VXIII?It lets you adjust the yardage with the twist of your fingers.You don't even have to resight in the gun like you would with a Ziess.
The adjustable objective only adjusts parallex,it does not compensate for trajectory.You still have to hold over or resight for various distances.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

It wouldn't be a comparison between a Niikon and aLeupold VX-IIIthat is for sure. I would look at a Nikon 3-9x40 Monarch and a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 and that would be it . The Nikon is a short tube scope and would be better for shorter actions unless you like offset mounts. The Zeiss will handle both short and long actions. Zeiss has etched reticle the Nikon doesn't. The Zeiss is about 3 ounces heavier. Both great scopes with great w/e adjustments something the Leupold doesn't have.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

THe Conquest is much better then a Vx III. Thats why Leupolds are overpriced for the same $ you can get a better scope or for less money get an equal scope.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't comment on the Nikon, but I have owned numerous Leupolds (including a VX-III) and also a few Zeiss Conquests. They're both nice scopes. But if push came to shove, I'd buy another Zeiss Conquest. It has superior optics, a nice crisp etched reticle, true fast focus adjustmentand in my experience it's very durable.

Northernforest, you need to educate yourself on what an adjustable objective is for because you evidently don't know.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own Leupolds but after useing the Zeiss Conquest,that's all I will buy now...
Old 04-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]