Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger BH scope >

Ruger BH scope

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger BH scope

Old 04-18-2006, 11:06 PM

Default Ruger BH scope

Hey there, I just bought a new Super BlackHawk in 44 mag. I am going to Deer hunt with it, and want to put a scope on it. What do you guys recomend? ANy feedback will be appreciated.
Thanks
Doug
Old 04-19-2006, 09:56 AM

Default RE: Ruger BH scope

ORIGINAL: fireoff

Hey there, I just bought a new Super BlackHawk in 44 mag. I am going to Deer hunt with it, and want to put a scope on it. What do you guys recomend? ANy feedback will be appreciated.
Thanks
Doug
I have had a Ruger SRH with a Burris 1.5x4 scope for a little over 10 years. The mounting is solid. The scope is clear at all the normal hunting light levels. I've dropped []the gun onto cement, with the scope hitting first and it never went out of adjustment (rock-solid). Always had plenty of eye relief.

While walking I usually have it on 1.5-2X and sitting at 3X, anything over that reduces the field of view too much for me. So I never use 4x except at the range.

FWIW I would probably go with the single-action SBH over the DA SRH if I had to do it over again.

Have fun.

ChuckS
Old 04-19-2006, 11:42 AM

Chuck, thanks so much for the info. Im fact that was one of two scopes that I was seriously looking at. The weapon is a SA SuperBlackhawk Bisley model. Have a good one
Doug
Old 04-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your Super Blackhawk is not a Hunter model having integral scope mounts, the best thing to do is drill into the top strap to attach mounts. A friend of mine used mounts that clamped on to the handgun, and always had problems with it staying tight. Good luck.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a srh .44mag with a leupold 4x eer (extended eye relief).That is about as solid as you can get. I am 6' 3" My arms are pretty long so I thought it might not be that great for me but it works very well. Now if I can figure out how to keep my sight window while shooting it !!!