Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 what should i do >

what should i do

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what should i do

Old 04-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default what should i do

i have a few ideas for different actions for rifles and shotguns. I think a few of hem could sell pretty good. There are few problems though, one i have no experience in gunsmithing, two i have no cash, and three, im 15. does anyone have any ideas on how i could make these more thanjust athought.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what should i do

Well, John M. Browning and his brother used to carve out wooden models of all their rifle action designs, part-by-part, and when they had a complete working wooden model with ALL THE BUGS WORKED OUT, they'd reproduce it in steel and take it to the major arms companies to see if they could interest anyone in making it!

You could do the same. But in this day & age, there are few new ideas. So to be successful, your designs would have to be original, offer a distinct advantage over every design now being made, and be economical to produce. These days, no company would be interested in producing a design that is labor-intensive!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:47 AM

Default RE: what should i do

First let me say: Good for you. Don't get discouraged.

I think it was edison who when ask about being unsuccessful 100 times with an experiment said: They've all been a success. I've sucessfully found 100 ways that don't work.

Write your ideas down. Try to draw them. Go to your technical school and see if they have a CAD class, if they do try to draw your design to scale. Then find some gunsmiths and ask their opinions on your designs. They will be able to help you a lot. All of these things shouldn't cost you any money. Heck, you very well could be the next John Browning.

If you don't know who he is you should research him. Maybe you should research him anyway.

Best of Luck.