Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Simmons Scopes??? >

Simmons Scopes???

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Simmons Scopes???

Old 03-25-2006, 06:09 PM

Default Simmons Scopes???

Does anyone have any experience with the Simmons scopes particularly the 6x24 grand praire or any other high power models???
Old 03-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Simmons Scopes???

I have used the Pro-Hunters in the straight powers and the Aetecs. Both have been perfect for me. The White tail Exp. is also a good one. The rest are a little iffy or at least don't have the good feed back.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Pro 50 and Pro Hunter..... I will probably not have another brand on my rifles. And they hold up under the recoil of a .300 Win Mag so they are good for me! [8D]
Old 03-26-2006, 03:51 AM
Typical Buck

I have two of the new Master series and they are great. Quite an improvement over the older models which I always have been well served by.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Roger46982

I have two of the new Master series and they are great. Quite an improvement over the older models which I always have been well served by.
Roger, how are the OPTICS of the new series? IMO, if their optical qualities match the innovative features of their new adjustment system, ALL the othermakers are facing a serious challenge!!
Old 03-26-2006, 03:31 PM
DM

Not long ago my nephue bought a Savage chambered in 30 short mag. and put a Simmons on it. The damn thing wouldn't sight in, and he wasn't too happy. He called Simmons and they told him to send it in, which he did. They told him "if" it wasn't warr., he'd have to pay $35.00, the cost they had into the scope and postage to get it replaced. (the scope cost $250.00 in the store) The scope was junk and they replaced it.

Personally, i wouldn't put one on a rifle i "had" to depend on, as istill don't trust them on a "work" rifle.

Drilling Man
Old 03-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Simm Pro Hunter on my 22-250... I've had it on there for close to 10 years... Not one time have I had to resight this gun... I've killed hogs out to 300 yards with it... Not bad for 109.00 scope
Old 03-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Simmons makes some cheap scopes and some better ones. The straight power Pro-Hunters have never given me a problem and The Aetecs are just plain one of the toughest and most reliabe scopes I have ever seen. I would stay away from the cheaper variable simmons scopes. I had one Simmons where the crosshairs broke on a 35 Remington Contender barrel. However the fault was mine as I had forgotten to tighten the ring screws and it slid back on recoil. So far I have never talked to anyone who had a problem with a aetec. I have several of them and have had for them for years.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DM

Personally, i wouldn't put one on a rifle i "had" to depend on, as istill don't trust them on a "work" rifle.

Drilling Man
Same here, DM. I have had both a Simmons scope and Simmons binoculars, and had good luck with neither.The scope wouldn't hold a zero, andpoint of impact changed with the zoom. Theright objective lens fell out of my binoculars after a coupleyearsof use. They probably make good stuff, but after two strike outs I probably won't take any more chances.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: North Texan

ORIGINAL: DM

Drilling Man
Same here, DM. I have had both a Simmons scope and Simmons binoculars, and had good luck with neither.The scope wouldn't hold a zero, andpoint of impact changed with the zoom. Theright objective lens fell out of my binoculars after a coupleyearsof use. They probably make good stuff, but after two strike outs I probably won't take any more chances.
I had the same thing happen with two Bushnell scopes. Guess it is like cars, you get a lemon you shy away from that make of car. On one scope the internal lens was flopping, the second wouldnt hold a zero. And this is where it is different yet the same. I grabbed a Simmons scope both times and perfect zero and tight groups...... sure we all have a story like that. Know for myself, wont have anything but Simmons on my rifles. [8D]

Quick Reply: Simmons Scopes???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.