Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 My New Rifle! >

My New Rifle!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

My New Rifle!

Old 03-15-2006, 11:01 AM

Default My New Rifle!

Just got my scope rings and mounted my scope today. I can't wait to get out to South Dakota this summer for some prairie dog shooting. Ive got a rem 700 22-250 w/ a leo vx-iii 6.5-20 x 40 on top...if its warm this weekend im definitely taking this baby out to the range!

Old 03-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My New Rifle!

Sorry to say this but that is one UGLY gun. However since I am already in South Dakota, you could send it to me..

Really though, Thats a beauty. I have a new Savago Varmit model waiting for the weather to improve. We have not had much good range weather here. Good Luck. Where are you going in SD?
Old 03-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

It looks like it is built wrong. You better send it to me, along with all the ammo you have for it, to dispose of properly. Long live the left handers!
Old 03-15-2006, 04:37 PM

i havnet exactly decided where im going yet. ive looked at some population distribution maps and was just thinking of driving over there with some cheese and beer to trade perhaps. any ideas on a good place to go?
Old 03-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang, beer, cheese, and a new rifle with Leupy glass. The man with everything!
Old 03-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have tons of P-dogs....First you drink all the beer and eat all the cheese, then you'll start seeing them everywhere

Go check out some of the reservations, seems to be a good thing going there. I've never shot on one yet, but have talked to guys that have and they said it was awesome shooting.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:30 AM

actually, i was thinking of using that to trade to see if some ranchers would be gracious enough to let me use their land. any of them work like that?
Old 03-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on where you are at, and if the ranchers are mad at the state. I'm sure you will be able to find one that will let ya shoot away, but it might be tough. I have a few places I can go and bang away all I want, but getting those spots wasn't easy.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

You might try calling 605-279-2125. This is the National Grasslands office in Wall SD. They may be able to help you or point you to someone who can. There are a lot of dogs south of Wall. I have some land North of Wall but the Mule deer ate all the prairie dogs.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:34 PM

much tnanks for the input. i will do that asap monday. i can not wait to get out there.

Quick Reply: My New Rifle!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.