Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Best bang for buck ML >

Best bang for buck ML

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best bang for buck ML

Old 03-13-2006, 11:25 PM

Default Best bang for buck ML

In your opinion, what's the best-bang-for-buck muzzleloader currently sold in the gunmarket today? Why? Please give reasons.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best bang for buck ML

I like the Thompson Encore. I know it's not the cheapest ML out there but I like the fact that I can interchange the barrels and have a very versatile setup!
Old 03-14-2006, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

USED

Muzzleloaders are like archery equipment as far as holding value.
It seems reasonably easy to find a good used muzzleloader that the owner has gotten lazy and no longer shoots
Old 03-14-2006, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned a lot of different muzzle loaders and I can honestly say I really like my new T.C. Omega. It handels nice and fast it shoots as accreate as any more exspensive center fire rifle you can buy. And it sure is pretty especially in the stainless barrel with the composit thumbhole stock, this makes it a little more exspensive but if you watch the sales at Dicks sporting goods you can get it really reasonable.Check out the posts in the muzzzle loader section and youwill see it is the most popular gun there.. Mike
Old 03-14-2006, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

I have owned a lot of different muzzle loaders and I can honestly say I really like my new T.C. Omega. It handels nice and fast it shoots as accreate as any more exspensive center fire rifle you can buy. And it sure is pretty especially in the stainless barrel with the composit thumbhole stock, this makes it a little more exspensive but if you watch the sales at Dicks sporting goods you can get it really reasonable.Check out the posts in the muzzzle loader section and youwill see it is the most popular gun there.. Mike
+1
Old 03-14-2006, 07:48 AM
bigcountry

Knight wolverine.

Reasons, get em real cheap used, high quality green mountain barrel, timney trigger, and knight has a very good repuataion at strength testing. So you would never have to worry about it blowing up.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Optima Pro......Price is very affordable. Alot cheaper than the Encore and shoots just as good of groups. Plus I really like the stock/fit of these guns to my shoulder/head. Put a nice scope on it and you have a comfortable good shooting gun.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:06 PM

I used to say the lil ol Knight Wolverine was an awfully good little rifle for the money (and I STILL say it's the best gun Knight builds, IMHO the others aren't worth the extra chee$e). BUT that all went out the window lastyear with the intro of the Z5 Omega. I believe THAT ML to be the best thing on the market for the price. The differences between the Z5s and the other Omegas is not structural or anything that affects accuracy. The stamped trigger assembly and sights are cheaper to produce than other Omegas, but otherwise they are the exact same gun.

If I weren't shooting my Savage MLII I would not hesitate to own a Z5 and would put something like a 3.5x10x40 Conquest on it and then I wouldn't even look at other MLs!
RA
Old 03-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Thompson Encore you can buy interchangeable barrels for just about anything from .40-.50 cal muzzleloaders to .270-.300wsm centerfire rifles. You can use the same gun from general season to muzzleloader season
Old 03-14-2006, 02:42 PM
bigcountry

Goodness, everyone has thier right to opinion but I am shocked everyone putting down these encores. Its the most expensive gun of the bunch. And I have encore, Knight wolverine, knight disc, T/C cougar. I am all for people giving out thier advise, don't get me wrong, but that and the omega would not be on my list for bang for the buck. Very nice guns that shoot real well, yes, makes you feel good holding a astetically pleasing gun, yes, but very surprised at these responses. Maybe if people's reasons were resale. I dont' know.

Quick Reply: Best bang for buck ML

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.