Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New line of Remingtons..... >

New line of Remingtons.....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New line of Remingtons.....

Old 02-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New line of Remingtons.....

That is not in dispute, but if a second shot is needed, then the speed and ease of rechambering the next round is what counts, it will make for a more accurate follow up shot, unless of course you hunt in fantasyland.
If bolt actions are so slow,why do the grizzly and brown bear guides use them?After all their lives and the lives of their clients are dependent on them being able to kill dangerousbears as quickly as possible if charged.Perhaps their years of experience has taught them something that you don't know.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:20 AM

So now you want to say that because a few grizzly guides use bolt actions that some how means they are faster action guns? Did you ever think that maybe the bolt action is chamber in the larger grizzly killing calibers, while the other actions are not? Could that be?
Old 02-22-2006, 10:34 AM

One shot, one kill.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

[quote]ORIGINAL: Truth be told....

Liker I said most guys are over gunned.and the cumbersome bolt
I am so sick of hearing this. You decide whats right for your dum a$$ something like your jamamatic or lever gun you probley evenuse trashco scope. I dont think one can be overgunned, thats why I used my 300 RUM want to know something I have never shot a deer more then once with a rifle but if I have to I bet I couldhit himagain since last night I set a 5 gallon pailout in the backyard 50 yards away I even used the big 300 just to show you can get back on target quickly after tough recoil and it takes less then 3 seconds to put 2 shot in the round bottom of the pail plenty fast even though unless I go big bear or cape buffalo hunting I probley wont need to use more then one shot.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

first off that gun is a beauty, I have a 700 w/ a synthetic stock. Second how can u ppl downplay a bolt action rifle, In deer hunting the first shot is what really counts and if you have the option of a follow up shot a good shooter can put another shell into the chamber in less then a second
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

So now you want to say that because a few grizzly guides use bolt actions that that some how means they are faster action guns? Did you ever think that maybe the bolt action is chamber in the larger grizzly killing calibers, while the other actions are not?
Actually almost all grizzly guides use bolt actions even though suitablecartridges such as the 45-70 are available in lever actions.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:45 PM

I was going to mention that but erased it from my post, many bear guides carry revolvers too....so what?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:12 PM

If I need a second shot, I want it quickly
One shot because sometimes that's all you get.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:35 PM

One shot because sometimes that's all you get.
Now that statement is just stupidity. So now we are saying that a bolt is somehow a better weapon because of the first shot!! Now that is funny.[:'(]
Old 02-22-2006, 01:49 PM

Quick Reply: New line of Remingtons.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.