Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New line of Remingtons..... >

New line of Remingtons.....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New line of Remingtons.....

Old 02-20-2006, 09:09 AM

Default RE: New line of Remingtons.....

I dare you refer to a bolt action like that. They are not cumbersome or dead beat far from it.
Yes they are...as far as the accuracy myth. It is not the gun, it is having it properly sighted in. In hunting you also have a kill zone. You are not shooting on a bench counting target rings for scores. Those bolts are turn of the century technology. Old, heavy, and archaic. If I need a second shot, I want it quickly, without lots of movement or noise, and without having to lift my head off the stock and lose my sight picture to chamber another round. Bolts are cumbersome and deadbeat.[:@] Just go to any sporting goods store, where guns are traded and bought, the rack is filled with traded in bolts....a guy shoots one, and it doesn't take him long to realize what a piece of junk he just bought. So he wises up and gets rid of it.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Just cause you dont like themdoesn't make them worthless. They are the choice ofalot of hunters.As far as trading in theory I think your dead wrong. You dont seem very wise to me so Im not even going to respond to your off the wall comments anymore. I dont think your as smart about guns as you think. I would suggest being quiet that way you will seem smarter
Old 02-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Advantage to a bolt rifle...
1) Trigger adjustment
2)Stronger action
3)Barrel can be free-floated or pressure point increased/decreased
4)Tends to be more accurate, partially because of #1 and #3

If you see more used bolts for sale its because there are many more bolts used in the field....If you think you have to move your head off the stock of a bolt to chamber another round...you haven't shot many bolts....

Only one manufacturer even makes a pump...Remington...
I believe three make autos...Remington, Browning, Benelli...

It doesn't matter to me if a guy wants to use a pump, auto or lever....Heck I love using my flintlock....But there are many more bolts used in the field than other actions...
Old 02-20-2006, 12:23 PM

There were a lot of ford taurus on the road too. That doesn't mean they are any good. It is more a sign of misguided people, than quality.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I need a second shot, I want it quickly, without lots of movement or noise, and without having to lift my head off the stock and lose my sight picture to chamber another round.
Are you telling us that you aren't co-ordinated enoughto cycle a bolt without lifting your head off the stock and losing the sight picture.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

You say with lots of movement and noise. Well if the sound of the shot dont scare them Im sure the sound of the action wont either

I see in another thread you say you use a 30/30 lever gun well they arent that much quicker or quieter action wise
Old 02-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

He's telling everyone a lot more than that, Stubblejumper----
Old 02-22-2006, 12:36 AM

I see in another thread you say you use a 30/30 lever gun well they arent that much quicker or quieter action wise
I know, but if the lever action are just bit quicker, then they are quicker than the cumbersome bolt. Speed is what matters here. Beside that post has more to do with the 30/30 cal. being used for deer than the gun being a lever action. Liker I said most guys are over gunned. I have never seen a 30/30 in the flesh, that wasn't a lever action. Though somebody makes a pump action 30/30, I have never seen it though.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Speed is what matters here.
Where I hunt,proper bullet placement is what matters.A fast second shot isnot needed if you place your first shot properly.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:08 AM

A fast second shot is not needed if you place your first shot properly.
says stubblejumper.

That is not in dispute, but if a second shot is needed, then the speed and ease of rechambering the next round is what counts, it will make for a more accurate follow up shot, unless of course you hunt in fantasyland.

Quick Reply: New line of Remingtons.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.