Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 XCR vs. Tikka T3 >

XCR vs. Tikka T3

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

XCR vs. Tikka T3

Old 02-18-2006, 02:58 PM

Default RE: XCR vs. Tikka T3

i have a tikka t3 lite and a browning a-bolt and the tikka is much more accurate than the browning. i love my tikka very very much
Old 02-19-2006, 05:58 AM

howdy. just checkin in for the first time from australia.

i own a tikka T-3 in synthetic varmint format (22/250). it is brilliant. 1/3 MOA with handloads. slickest bolt i've found, with two big,equal bearing lockinglugs. they have a narrow ejection slot in the receiver ( would probably make single loading awkward in some calibres), and a single column magazine - both factors contributing to a stiffer action, and therefore accuracy.the machining work is outstanding.remember, these rifles come out of the Sako factory in finland, so quality is good. another feature i like is the milled dovetail for scope mounts - pay the extra money for sako optilock mounts and rings. it is a fantastic mounting system. i cannot speak highly enough of these rifles. the only downside i can come up with is that the synthetic stock is nothing special to look at. with that in mind, i am looking for something in 6.5 swedish or 7mm-08, and will probably opt for a laminated T-3.

cheers everyone
Old 02-20-2006, 04:50 PM

I had the same choice and went the XCR I consider it to be the better rifle however I do like the look of the Tikka but seeing as all my other rifles are now Remington’s I decided the since I was on a good thing then I might as well stick with it.