Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 ruger balck hawk >

ruger balck hawk

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ruger balck hawk

Old 02-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default ruger balck hawk

has anyone had a scope mounted on a black hawk i have had a few gun smiths turn the job down 2 drill and tape the holes but i know it can be done does anyone done it or had it done or any info would be greatly apprecated
Old 02-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ruger balck hawk

Why on earth would they turn that down?

You simply remove the rear sight, drill and tap two more holes and install it. It takes about 15 minutes. I do it several times a year for customers.

Weigand combat makes a base for it.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rem - You might want to try these mount from B Square. I have one on my S&W 29 and never had any trouble.
http://www.tjgeneralstore.com/revolver1.htm
Old 02-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

thankyou for peplies i cant understand why either i have family that are machinist but they cant take a gun two work and they have all told me same thing few minutes and done im going 2 seasrch for a diffrent place heck i got scope rings and bases just need mounted and i got a hog killing machine lol thank you again and much apprciated
Old 02-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have a .41 BH with a Leupold base and Redfield rings. Holds a Baush & lomb 2x. I like it! Has never given me any issues at all. I have heard a few yrs back having some loosening issues with the B-square clamp on ones.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Iowned a Ruger Super Black Hawk that I wanted to mount a scope on it, but could not bringmy self to drill into the back strap, so I sold it to my cousin, and purchased a Ruger Super Red Hawk. Good luck.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you hit the nail on the head with that--- people are afraid to drill the backstrap, I feel sure.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Site Bouncer

You don't have to drill into it. Thereis amount available for it that can beattached by removing the rear sight and utilizing the theaded hole there and the other end is secured by a half barrel band. I forgot who makes it but here is a pic. of it. It's a little bulky but it puts the scope in a great position.The best thing about it is you can put the gun back to iron sights with no holes drilled in the top strap.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Scope Mount RUGER REDHAWK, BLACKHAWK SUPER BLACKHAWK, Bisley
GP-100 Red Dot Sight Mounts

[align=center]

[/align]
Scope mount Redhawk/Blackhawk/Super Blackhawk and GP-100
Old 02-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just wondering how well you can shot your Ruger Blackhawk with the scope back that far? Do you ever have the scope ear piece come back and hit your wrist or forearm?

I used to own a Ruger Blackhawk .44 Mag. But with the tapered girps larger and the bottom and narrower at the top, you needed to hold on with both hands and one partly under the grip to keep the trigger from coming back and whack you behind the thumb.

Maybe with some after-market modified grips it lessens the problem. But I sold it, because of that and that it was not an easy pistol to shot a lot.

Quick Reply: ruger balck hawk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.