Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New Gun Also >

New Gun Also

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Gun Also

Old 02-02-2006, 01:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default New Gun Also

I've been hearing a lot about these Yildiz o/u shotguns made in Turkey on shotgunworld.com. Got to go to several Academy Sports stores to check them out looking for the perfect wood and found one today in Houma Louisiana. Bought the 20ga with really nice sort of spalted dark walnut butt stock and very high figured forearm. Hand engraved, ejectors, screw in chokes, and nice black chrome finish on the metal. Only down side is the wood could use about 4-5 coats of tru oil. Plan to do that over the weekend. Not a bad deal for 386.47 plus tax.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:57 AM

Default RE: New Gun Also

Post some pics!!!

Fat-Arrow
Old 02-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

congratulations buddy , and yeah , post some pics if you can ?? some nice detailed ones
BTW- just who exactly makes that gun , i've never heard of them before ??
whelen36
Old 02-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Here it is. These pics do no justice for what I'm looking at.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

very nice , , very nice indeed. , i like the grain in the wood my friend , but who is the maker , i'm not familiar with that brand ???
Old 02-03-2006, 02:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks like the stoeger import they call the condor II. not a bad gun for the money pretty good shooters too the lower barrels seem to be right on que with the upper barrel at 30 yards which generally expected from higher end guns. the only drawback in my opinion is its a single trigger with no barrel selector. If i cant have double triggers id like at least a barrel selector where the condor II shoots the top barrel first then the bottom second.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

This is a Yildiz. Manufactured for Academy Sports in Texas. They have stores in Texas and Louisiana and the gun is exclusive to their stores. Yildiz Silah Sanayi ve Ticaret Ltd. is the full manufacturer name. They're manufactured in Turkey. Briley Manufacturing in Texas is their only service center and Briley makes the screw in chokes for these. For now, the only importer into the US is Academy Sports for sale in their stores. http://www.yildizshotgun.com is the website. Not a very expensive gun, but fit, function, and of course, appearance is very good. Nothing like high end stuff, but they seem to have a very strong fan base here in the south. Being used on everything from hunting to sporting clays at the range to skeet throwing clays in the pasture. This model is the SPZ ME. It has 5 screw in chokes, barrel selector on the tang safety, auto ejectors, and vented rib and midrib. The wood's worth what I paid. They also import the SPZ ME Special that has all of the same features, but adds a fully hand engraved receiver. Not the rolled stuff we see on Sabatti and Zoli. I'm liking mine.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:32 PM

Amazing deal if I may say so myself. Tell us how it shoots. That wood is outstanding!!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

man, that really does look good! Would mind getting one fer my wifey! EJ
Old 02-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you. I'll post more infoafter I pattern the upper and lower barrels this coming weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.