Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 SA Cowboy guns >

SA Cowboy guns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

SA Cowboy guns

Old 01-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default SA Cowboy guns

I have been thinking of picking up a SA revolver to play around with... Just plinking, showing off, etc... I would like one with a case hardened receiver... Could you guys give me some options??? I am familiar with the Ruger Vaquero and Taurus Gaucho... I don't mind spending money if it means a substantial upgrade... Someone mentioned to me that Berretta is making a real nice one this year?
Old 01-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SA Cowboy guns

The Beretta one is made by Uberti (Beretta owns Uberti). For casual plinking any of the well known brands will suit your needs.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

there's also cimarron , they make single action cowboy style guns too. and in more of the older calibers like .32-20 .38-40 .44-40 etc...
thier web address is www.cimarron-firearms.com , check them out , and you can get them in low end and high end pricing and finishes like engraved , color case hardened , etc .... give them a look see.
whelen36
Old 01-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I went to aCowboy Action match Saturday, and it appears Ruger is the gold standard.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:12 PM

Here is my favorite company building them.... http://www.usfirearms.com/ They have a Rodeo version that is used in the SAA alot. The US Firearms are as close as you can get these days to the originial colts.

Old 01-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was looking at those last night on the internet. They look very interesting. Are they worth the price difference?
Old 01-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Ni NG:

Get the Vaquero (old style) and be done with it.

CE
Old 01-30-2006, 01:38 PM

I think the US Firearms are worth it for a new Colt clone. Very nice fit and finish, shoot great. I also like the old Rugers. Dont' care for the new ones that need a key to start
Old 01-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if this is allowed any more but I would avoid anything made by Taurus.

Tom
Old 01-30-2006, 04:00 PM

just got the rodeo for x mas in 44 special..........its worth it. i own rugers also and even though the old model vaqueros are stronger they dont compare in the finish dept....and im speaking of the rodeo not their fancier versions. in lock up, metal work, and bore and throat diameters the usfa is a superior gun if you want a replica thats as close to a colt as you're going to get. mine is spot on in every way and it shoots like a house on fire. just remember a true s.a.a. has different lockwork than a ruger and their are differences in the operation you need to be mindfull of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.