Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

rem. 11-87

Old 01-26-2006, 05:01 PM

Default rem. 11-87

hey all, I recently purchased a 11-87 and have one (probably easy question). When the chamber is open I notice some kind of noise in the magazine when I point the gun up and down. Its almost like something is sliding in the mag. It only happens when the chamber is open. any thoughts? Thank you
Old 01-26-2006, 05:05 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: rem. 11-87

All of em do it. Ain't no big deal. Its a little metal sleeve between your action and piston.

I know what you mean however. I never liked it either, but its never bothered anything other than sounding cheap.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:33 PM

Default RE: rem. 11-87

Actuallyits the rings on the magazine tube. With the bolt foreward, they are pushed against the ring for the barrel not allowing them to shake around, with the bolt back there is room for it to shake around.

They are not located between the piston and the receiver, otherwise it would always be making noise and you would have to take the bolt out to clean the rings, which is a pain to novice gun owners. A lot of residue build up on them rings. Clean them often, whatever you do don't use oil on them otherwise the residue will built up right away and your gun won't be cycling the shells, I just use a little solvent.

To be more specific, all remington auto shotguns do it. Not all autos.

Nothing to worry about. When your hunting the gun should be loaded anyway. Can't kill anything if the gun isn't loaded.

Just to see what I am talking about, with the action open take the forearm off and while holding the barrel or putting the magazine cap back on, tilt the gun upward and downward and you will see them slide on the magazine tube.

BEFORE YOU TAKE THEM OFF TO CLEAN, KNOW HOW THEY FIT ON THE GUN/the order they go on the magazine tube.