Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 06 Sendero SF >

06 Sendero SF

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

06 Sendero SF

Old 01-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default 06 Sendero SF

I was so exited when I heard they were going to make it again well it will have a new trigger and will be offerd in 264 win mag
7mm rem mag
7mm rum
300 win mag
300 rum

I was thinking the 264 would be a nice deer rifle. Does anyone have or had one of these if so please tell positive/negatives about it thanks

Old 01-25-2006, 09:37 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: 06 Sendero SF

Never had a 264, but my gunsmith loves em. He said they are a serious barrel burner. In the league as 7mmRUM.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:06 PM

Its coming in better form that past Senderos. Its going to look like the current VS SF IIs. A slightly improved stock, palm swell, and will use the black flutes the VSSF IIs do. Rem is actually doing something to please Customers and bringing them back. Why they stopped offering this noone will ever know. They were probably the best stock shooters ever, and I'm sure these new ones will be just as good.

It'll be on Rems site in February, named the Sendero SF II.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own a Remington Sendero that is chambered in 7mm-STW. My Sendero isthe best shooting factory rifle I have ever shot.
I am glad they are bringing the Sendero line back.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an old Winchester in .264 .It has always been one of my most favorite rifles. They are a good hot long range shooter.Which most 6.5 rounds are.I would not worry about the barrel unless you tend to shoot a gazillon rounds a year.JMHO
Old 01-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

I own the 300RUM in the sendero. My dad has the sendero in 300 winmag and 7mm RUM. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. I have shot all three at our range and have had great results with accuracy. The recoil is a bit stout in the 300RUM and 7RUM but the 300winmag is as smooth as silk. The biggest draw back for me is the weight. Remington is doing good bringing this back into production!
Old 01-26-2006, 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: dkhamner

I own the 300RUM in the sendero. My dad has the sendero in 300 winmag and 7mm RUM. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. I have shot all three at our range and have had great results with accuracy. The recoil is a bit stout in the 300RUM and 7RUM but the 300winmag is as smooth as silk. The biggest draw back for me is the weight. Remington is doing good bringing this back into production!
Just another Sendero fan

If youre dad ever wants to sell the .300wm, let me know

Old 01-27-2006, 07:18 PM

now that the 264 win mag is chambered in a good rifle, will there be any good premium factory ammo made?
Old 01-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

can a muzzle break be put on a sendero? well on my barrel? i really dont know how to describe my barrel, its got like the vented ribs but the end of the barrel is rounded. this is probably a dumb question! if so, what is a ball park figure to have gunsmith put one on? thanks.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dkhamner

can a muzzle break be put on a sendero? well on my barrel? i really dont know how to describe my barrel, its got like the vented ribs but the end of the barrel is rounded. this is probably a dumb question! if so, what is a ball park figure to have gunsmith put one on? thanks.
yes my buddy put one on his we have matching guns sad but whatever it is a 300rum and kicks like a 270 its a fox river I dont like the noisey bastards though it cost 150.00 at gander mountain

Quick Reply: 06 Sendero SF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.