Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Sig Sauer Rifles >

Sig Sauer Rifles

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sig Sauer Rifles

Old 01-21-2006, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sig Sauer Rifles

Okay think I posted this at another site, but wondering why we hear or read on the forums about Wheatherby, Remington, Tikka, etc but not much mention is made of Sig Sauer Rifles. Is it that lots of folks don't own them? Are they too exspensive? Or is it because there is no advertisement in the US on the SIGARM rifles? We see the handgun but not the rifles. I have a Sig Sauer 202 rifle, and think it would compare to Tikka or Wheatherby. Just curious is all?
Old 01-21-2006, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sig Sauer Rifles

sig sauer is a great rifle but the last ones I look at was out of my price range I refuse to pay $2200.00 for a rifle but there is just me. I know a few people there have them and they love them and they will shoot up with the best if them. But here is my case I have a model 96 mauser in 6.5x55 that I payed 200.00 for at 100 yard will shoot one hole I even won a remmy rifle at a shoot with it so why pay the kind of money sig want for theres. just my 2 cents.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I will agree with you. If it hadnt been a gift I might not have it either. I will also say I got it for half of what it was selliing for in US and in Germany at the time..... and whether it is added value or not, it is a Euro Edition and don't think they sold them in US. THink it is what they call the Supreme here.

But I agree with you, if your $200 Mauser is driving tacks, why change!
Old 01-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

You got me there, I have never tried one. However they make one of the best handguns out there. I also second the feelings on the Old Swedish Mauser. I have several and they are all tack drivers. Mine were 69.00 when I bought them. I left one stock military and sporterized two of them.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you got it for half the price I said you got a great buy for that I think I would buy one to, like I said it is a great rifle and they look great the fit is perfect andso is thefinish
Old 01-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes it is a nice finish and they claim smooth as glass action on the bolt. I would have to say so. Heard of a couple who bought them and sold them cause it looked too good. And have to agree, but someone doesn't buy a Caddy, or BMW, etc to never drive....... it has a few scratches, but I could tell you about every hunt it happened. that is the rifle's character.

And now I have a second barrel in .30-06 so i can use it all around. But think I would have to say myself, for under 8oo.oo it is a super, tack driver!
Old 01-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

I beleive Sig Sauer imports Blaser rifles now... That is one hell of a Sig!!!!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 3 rifles made by SIG, though they are more along the lines of the Swedish mausers- bought them for prices between $60-100, are very accurate and extremely well made. They only come in one chambering and it seems like an oddball one until you really shoot it a lot and it starts to make sense. I just bought a scope mount for one of them, which I might try out next week to see how accurate the rifles really are, but they shoot as well as I can with iron sights. Want a really good but not well known rifle originally made by Swiss Industrial Group, take a look at the the K-31 Schmidt Rubin.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:44 PM

The Sauer 202 IS WITHOUT QUESTION THE MOST SMOOTH ACTION IN THE WORLD!!! If you don't believe me (obviously you haven't run the bolt on one to make such a statement) then trot out too the nearest dealer and treat yourself too a demo.

Now why are there not much talk about them? Simply because they cost 4 times what the average Tikka, Weatherby (Vanguard) or Remington 700 cost. They are MUCH more rifle than either of those mentioned, but they are certainly priced outside the typical big game rifle market for "Joe Q. Buckslayer".

As much as I love my Sakos, their smooth actions fell like a 700 ADL compared too the 202s!
RA
Old 01-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes they do import the Blaser! ANd i guess maybe they are more exspensive. I guess they were designed for the European market and those lucky enough to have been stationed there were able to see the difference, and like i said, got mine for little under 800.00 in .300 Win Mag, so it was a bargin!

Quick Reply: Sig Sauer Rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.