Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 best shotgun ever made >

best shotgun ever made

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

best shotgun ever made

Old 01-12-2006, 09:19 PM

Default best shotgun ever made

The best shotgun ever made would have to be the Remington 870 it can be used for everything wat do u all think
Old 01-12-2006, 09:34 PM

Default RE: best shotgun ever made

I think that you will get A LOT opinions on this one.

Sure there will be a lot of votes for the Old Browning A-5's (belgium made). Also the Remington 1100 had its time. No, I don't think the 870 is the best shot gun of all time. Espically not the newer ones, they aren't anything like the older wingmasters.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

Im with ya if I could only have one (like that will ever happen) it would be the 870
Old 01-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

The newer 870s are a shadow of their former selves.
The winchester model 12 is a better shotgun.
I vote the Benelli SBE as the best shotgun ever.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:59 PM

I can't really say which I think is the "best" I like a lot of them and dis-like a lot. You say that you can use the 870 for everything? I don't see Anything that you can use it for that you can't use, say a Browning BPS for.

I personally think the BPS is a far better gun than the 870's that have been made during my time. But I really don't have a "Best". My favorites are my BPS and my old Belgium made auto. Then I also like my 11-87 and love my NEF 10ga. So, do you see my delemma?
Old 01-12-2006, 10:45 PM

Holland and Holland...
Old 01-12-2006, 11:13 PM

Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight!
Old 01-12-2006, 11:43 PM

There really is no "one" best.

And in what regards to you mean "best".

If it's in regards to design break-throughs or genious design...that goes hands down to the A-5
If in regards to aesthetics...that's completely subjective (in fact this whole thread is subjective) I vote Win 21 (that's there old SxS, right?)
If in regards to throw-it-on-the-ground-stomp-on-it-and-slap-till-your-happy dependability SSSSOOO many would score a perfect 10 its not even funny.
If in regards to value/price ratio the 870 express certainly will be hard to beat. Maybe not hard to tie...but to beat. (Lets not forget the whole mess of single shot NEF-styles that are out there.)
If in regards to a choir of angels proclaiming "This is the shotgun, divine and wonderful." It's whichever one you break your first 25/25 with.

I have a Rem 11 (which is really an A-5) 2 870s (12&28) and SKB XL900 auto, and a Savage Fox B (SxS). All function flawlessly except for the SxS (a loose safety tab that likes to bump closed after the first shot) The 870s have the worst triggers and the 12gauge is the heaviest of all my shotguns, the Rem 11 is prone to cracks in the wood and the SKB is hard to find parts for. Every gun has its issues, none are perfect or perfectly suited for all manners of hunting...there will never be a "best".
Old 01-13-2006, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

The best- Winchester 101
For me the Browning BPS beats the 870 hands down, it is much smoother, bottom eject and has thumb safety
Old 01-13-2006, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sarge_cbr

[align=center]The best shotgun ever made would have to be the Remington 870 it can be used for everything wat do u all think
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]In the world, Purdy!![/align][align=center][/align][align=center]In the U.S., Parker!![/align]

Quick Reply: best shotgun ever made

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.