Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Sling Swivels for Ruger 10/22? >

Sling Swivels for Ruger 10/22?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sling Swivels for Ruger 10/22?

Old 01-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sling Swivels for Ruger 10/22?

I got a ruger 10/22 all weather model with the synthetic stock and stainless barrel but it diddent come with sling swivels and I really dont want to order any off line I have enough stuff on my credit card as it is. Plus all the ones im seeing online replace the barrel band and most had a sling loop on the bottom and side which is more stuff the rattle around in the woods ive checked out all the local shops and no one has anything made for a 10/22 so my question how did you mount yours? Im thinking about 2 sling studs like you would use on any standard rifle but im afraid of them stripping out of the plastic or something like that. and should I mount the stud infront of the barrel band or behind it? Any input is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Sean
Old 01-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sling Swivels for Ruger 10/22?

Uncle Mikes makes one that you install between the gap of the barrel band. It's part number "QD 115 RUG".
Old 01-11-2006, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I put a set of Uncle Mike's on mine. No problem. If you are worried about the metal detachable swivels rattling, there are glass reinforced nylonswivels that fit the same studs. I put a set of those on my turkey gun. They work just as well.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Big Bulls,

I went to the uncle mikes website to check out QD 115 RUG. I don't see how this would work without tapping the stock. Can you explain how it works?

http://www.gunaccessories.com/unclemikes/swivel_leveraction.asp

Thanks
Tom
Old 01-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

See the part with the arrow pointing to it? You unscrew the barrel band, pull the screw out, insert this part between the band, and replace the screw. The swivel attaches to this.

The rear studd you will have to drill into the stock but there is a section of thick plastic at the rear of the stock that extends a few inches from the butt plate. Measure two inches from the end of the stock and drill a hole for the longer studd to screw into.

The short screw is there if you would rather have the front studd screwed into the stock. It is shorter so it won't make contact with the barrel.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

See the part with the arrow pointing to it? You unscrew the barrel band, pull the screw out, insert this part between the band, and replace the screw. The swivel attaches to this.

The rear studd you will have to drill into the stock but there is a section of thick plastic at the rear of the stock that extends a few inches from the butt plate. Measure two inches from the end of the stock and drill a hole for the longer studd to screw into.

The short screw is there if you would rather have the front studd screwed into the stock. It is shorter so it won't make contact with the barrel.

What he said. I've done this to mine and it works well.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. Other than carefully, is there a trick to drilling into the stock? Is it like wood, just find a drill bit slightly smaller than the screw?

I have the laminate stock.

Thanks
Tom
Old 01-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just purchase the swivel boring bit that Uncle Mikes makes. It makes all three size holes you need in one single step.

Just ask for this when you go to buy the swivel kit.

Or you can have a gunsmith do it for you. It will only cost you a few bucks.

If you do drill it yourself measure two inches from the butt of the stock and drill there. If you get it too close to the end of the stock it is likely to split the wood when you are carrying the rifle.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big Bulls,

I have a synthetic stock does this change anything?

Thanks
Tom
Old 01-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

No.