HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   This is the most awesome looking gun EVER! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/127238-most-awesome-looking-gun-ever.html)

ranchand99 01-01-2006 11:50 PM

This is the most awesome looking gun EVER!

I was checking out Winchesters new line,and came across this...

Found out they also are making an automatic now.What do ya'll think?

duckdog132 01-02-2006 12:04 AM

RE: This is the most awesome looking gun EVER!

nice but hows it shoot. if its not accurate its still crap..lol. i can make any gun look nice but if it doesnt hit the broad side of a barn from in side the barn i dont think it will sell much.;)
if it shoots good i think i may have to get one though because it is tight

JagMagMan 01-02-2006 02:57 AM

If its the Win 70, its gotta be good! I like the looks of the fluted, heavy barrel! The stock doesn't do much for me though!
Whatever floats the boat!!!!

eldeguello 01-02-2006 05:46 AM

ORIGINAL: ranchand99

I was checking out Winchesters new line,and came across this...

Found out they also are making an automatic now.What do ya'll think?

I think "awesome" is in the eye of the beholder.........

Big Guy01 01-02-2006 07:25 AM

Pardon me as I wipe the puke off of my chin. I think its just plain ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That's not my cup of tea. If you like it buy it. You are the one who has to love it not anybody else. Just my 2 cents worth.

ranchand99 01-02-2006 08:53 AM

Thanks for all the positive responses.:eek:

jcchartboy 01-02-2006 09:32 AM

I have to question the practicality of that stock. The last thing I want when walking in the woods with a gun is a stock with big holes in it that can snag on brush....just doesn't seem very smart, or safe...

bigbulls 01-02-2006 10:20 AM

Just my opinion but I thing that stock design would make a pretty freaky looking bench rest or varmint rig. I don't thing they removed enough weight to turn the coyote into a rifle I can "easily carry all day long across the roughest terrain found in your own favorite 'outback". It still weighs in at 7 pounds 12 ounces. Put on a scope with its rings and bases, the bipod on the extra swivel stud, and your sling and you are easily at a 10 pound rifle.

The super X auto loading rifle that Winchester is puting out appears to be a Browining short track with minor cosmetic differances and with Winchesters name on it.

Wincheser is doing a very nice M70 dedicated to the 30-06. They are producing 306 of these rifles.

bigbulls 01-02-2006 10:27 AM

Close up.

jrbsr 01-02-2006 10:32 AM

I gues its ok

Looks like it is full of termites LoL
I like the barrel and the one hole you could put your thumb in.

Its just kinda like a space gun.