Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 I finally got my deer rifle >

I finally got my deer rifle

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I finally got my deer rifle

Old 12-29-2005, 08:42 AM

Default I finally got my deer rifle

I really apprecaited all of the advice from you guys, It was a tough decision but im glad i went with the one that i made, I was lingering between the Savage and the Ruger. But after looking at both models and comparing prices i ended up going with the Ruger. The really wasnt a big price difference between them but i just fell in love when i looked at that Ruger. I do see a Savage in my future some where. Thanks guys,

Here is a picture of my new deer rifle. Its the Ruger M77- Mark II Standard, I got it chambered in the .270 WSM, so i should have plenty of gun for any deer that ever crosses my path,

Old 12-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I finally got my deer rifle

good luck with the new rifle cps
Old 12-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a great hunting rifle to me. I own a few rugers, they are built solid.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Take it to a good smith and have him lighten and smooth the trigger or buy an aftermarket replacement from Timney. This is about the only bad thing I have to say about a Ruger. If the rifle doesn't group well have the smith free float the barrel and bed the action. I do this on all of my rifles. My Step-Dad has a Ruger 77 the old model and it shoots awesome without the barrel floated. The old models with tang safeties had adjustable triggers.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:31 AM

Gotta hand one thing to Ruger....they dont use some cheap a$$ed push feed action. Realy have to admire that feature of a Ruger rifle.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Excelent gun , did you get rings with it ?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:18 PM

Yes it did come wit rings, it came with medium 1inch rings, havent yet decided on which scope i want to go with, anyone have any good decisions for a scope running about $150 - $175, please let me know
Old 12-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cpsniper05

I really apprecaited all of the advice from you guys, It was a tough decision but im glad i went with the one that i made, I was lingering between the Savage and the Ruger. But after looking at both models and comparing prices i ended up going with the Ruger. The really wasnt a big price difference between them but i just fell in love when i looked at that Ruger. I do see a Savage in my future some where. Thanks guys,

Here is a picture of my new deer rifle. Its the Ruger M77- Mark II Standard, I got it chambered in the .270 WSM, so i should have plenty of gun for any deer that ever crosses my path,

I'm wondering why you didn't choose the .270 Winchester as a caliber?

Old 12-30-2005, 01:42 PM

I actually thought about the .20 winchester. I have shot my fathers and really liked it but i just wanted something different then what he had. So i decided on the .270 WSM. DO you think this is a good round and should it be able to shot accurately from my Ruger.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

Not sure of the .270WSM's accuracy. I like your choice of rifle.

Quick Reply: I finally got my deer rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.