Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning?

Old 12-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Browning?

[/align]
[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Generally cheaper then a 700 or a mod 70, but I find to be much better quality even if some slant eyes put it together.

[/blockquote]

Big country
There are plenty of Americans with "slant eyes" fighting for this country at this very moment giving you the right to say that.
Racial slurs aside, some Americans, including myself, find that the 'slant eyes' have better work ethic and pay closer attention to detail than the typical American Union Bubba. I can by a Japanese made rifle or shotgun without worryingabout the headspace is correct, or that the bolt might break off, the extractor mightbreak or be made out of pot metal instead of spring steelor , or that the gun will have constant jamming issues.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Browning BuckMark .22 semi-auto is one of the most dpendable and consistently accurate handguns I own. Several of my friends own them also, and none of us has ever had a bit of trouble with them.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:40 PM

What type of gun are you talking about and what did you hear bad about it?

Paul
Old 12-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

THey don't make the rums any more but if you look around you can still find them. Mine was made in 2002 but I just bought it last month.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a .223 A-bolt I use all the time. It shoots and groups great, and has performed flawlessly every time I've taken it afield. In the last 48 hours, I've taken two hogs and a coyote with it, and it'll probably be the gun I take out tonight to try and get some more.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:21 AM

I own a BPS and it has been adequate for me. I'm not married to the company for their pump action shotguns, but will look at their over/unders next year when I am in the market.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:44 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: DannyD

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Generally cheaper then a 700 or a mod 70, but I find to be much better quality even if some slant eyes put it together.

Big country
There are plenty of Americans with "slant eyes" fighting for this country at this very moment giving you the right to say that.

I was also looking at the Browning Abolt. I like the looks of the stainless and black synthetic but i've never shot one.
Good I ain't talking about them, I am talking about land of the rising sun Japanese. Its kinda an ongoing joke we have when I go over to Japan for work. Don't worry, they call me pregnant, I have heard Godzilla. When we drink too much, they ask when I am expecting cause I have quite a tool shed building these days. I just don't believe in being PC. Its my way, and nobodies going to change it. We joke alot together and don't take it too seriously.

I used to refuse buying browning cause they were made in Japan, but wow, I picked up on used about 3 years ago, and was impressed. My grandfather would have rolled over if he knew I set foot on that island without a gun.

I agree, about work ethic over there and quality. But don't be fooled, some of my guys over there try to tell me they are working 15 hour days, when actually, they are counting the 4 hour two way train ride. Also, let me tell you another little secret. You will never ever find a more racist culture than the Japanese. If yourjapanese, youare ontop, americans a step below but they respect our engineering and medical school, and if you chinese, to them you on the bottom of the barrel, Korean forget it. You will find out that quick if you try to goout withone of thier daughters. I have worked with them for years and still can't figure them out.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big C
Just was wondering where the unprovoked derogatory comment about a particular race came from. Itkinda jumped out at me when reading your post.
As for the Abolt. I handled one again last night. The action seemed very smoothe and it felt solid all around. Not really looking for any more guns this year but maybe for next years deer season

Old 12-29-2005, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

[8D]lol, thanks for the inside scoop
Old 12-29-2005, 08:06 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: DannyD

Big C
Just was wondering where the unprovoked derogatory comment about a particular race came from. Itkinda jumped out at me when reading your post.
As for the Abolt. I handled one again last night. The action seemed very smoothe and it felt solid all around. Not really looking for any more guns this year but maybe for next years deer season

Thats the thing, not derogatory to me.Same as its not derogatory to me when our Japanese tech support makes fat jokes about me. We are just joking being guys. Nothingbut a thing. I think back and not sure why I put it. Just came to my mind. Maybe not appropiate and shot from the hip. But still, I ain't too worried about it.

Quick Reply: Browning?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.