Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 WHERE DOES EVERYONE BUY THEIR AMMO? >

WHERE DOES EVERYONE BUY THEIR AMMO?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

WHERE DOES EVERYONE BUY THEIR AMMO?

Old 12-11-2005, 12:20 PM

Default WHERE DOES EVERYONE BUY THEIR AMMO?

I was looking at a place called cheaper than dirt. Does anyone buy from them if not where do you get your ammo from?
Old 12-11-2005, 12:25 PM

Default RE: WHERE DOES EVERYONE BUY THEIR AMMO?

I don't shoot enough to buy online. Local gunshop, gander mountain (on the drive between college and home) or wal-mart. Even between the 3 I don't have the selection I'd like...but eh, that's life.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:29 PM

Local gunshop, cabela's (have one near me) or if I'm desperate walmart or simular store. I don't buy much of anything on line. I normally don't buy ammo until I need it, so ordering it online would not do me much good.

Paul
Old 12-11-2005, 12:55 PM

Usually I wait for a sale, then stock up. Dick's sporting goods, Bass pro shops, or Wall-Mart. Stopped in Gander Mountain in on the way to NY hunting at Inlaws from NC, and found some good buys there.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I reload 99 percent of my own ammo. However when I do buy ammo, I buy most of it at the local Gunshop or Scheels. This year I used the Federal Fusion ammo in my 270 because I didn't have a chance to work up a load. I was so impressed with the Fusion stuff that I think I will buy a case of it with the same lot number and forget reloading for this one. Its not a Prairie dog gun anyway.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:46 PM

I have been in cheaper than dirts store in Dfw and online THEY ARE NOT CHEEPER THAN DIRT! I live in a small rural area and order all mine from midway or natchez. there is a place online called able ammo and sometime they have very good prices.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I reload everything I use except for my AR-15 stuff (lone wolf .223) I happened to be at a Police indoor shooting range and noticed 2 cases behind the shelf. Being solely a handgun store I asked him who that was for. He said he ordered it for someone who stuck him with it. So he told me if I wanted it he would sell it to me for his cost just to get rid of it. So now I got 1000 rnds of ammo should last me a month or two!!!
Old 12-11-2005, 04:38 PM

i buy quite a bit of bulk ammo. mostly .45 acp, 308,22and .223's. i have found that sportsmansguide is the cheapest place to order from. even with their shipping cost. some places give you free shipping on orders over a $100.00 but the ammo is already marked up to cover shipping. cheaper than dirt does have somegood prices at times on some of the clearance items. but they can't beat sportsmansguide. after you spend a few bucks at the guide they will start sending you discount coupons.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: gene62

I have been in cheaper than dirts store...THEY ARE NOT CHEEPER THAN DIRT!
I know, a friend tried to tell me the same thing. I showed him that Cabela's could beat a lot of those prices and he shutup like a clam.

For bird huntin' ammo, I go to Dick's Sporting Goods and stock up whether it is a sale or not because it is cheap enough. For deer and turkey ammo, a local gun shop has a wide array of ammo and has just about everthing if everything is in stock. He is higher than what you find online but what I would save by buying it online I would have to pay in shipping plus the inconvenience of having it shipped to him anyway because he is the closest FFL it just isn't worth it for me.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I goto either Dick's Sporting Goods, or a better store called Green Top, north of Richmond, VA. They have everything!

Quick Reply: WHERE DOES EVERYONE BUY THEIR AMMO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.