Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Target Pistol (Rimfire) >

Target Pistol (Rimfire)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Target Pistol (Rimfire)

Old 12-08-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Target Pistol (Rimfire)

I got an extra Xmas bonus this year. So I want to treat myself to a real nice accurate target pistol. I love turkey shoots. I like the MK111 Hunter with the flute barrel. I will be mounting a red dot scope to it. Im wanting a Ruger, but IM open to suggestions. I'd like to hear some views on what you think would be the right gun.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:09 PM

Default RE: Target Pistol (Rimfire)

If you want a high quality consistant performing target pistol check out the high standard target pistols. you won't be disappointed. I own a high standard Victor which is pretty much a tack driver. http://www.highstandard.com/guns.html
Old 12-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would sugest going to rimfirecentral and looking at the reviews.
You cannot go wrong with a Ruger or Browning
Old 12-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with a Browning Buckmark. Good luck.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:07 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Fordfixer

If you want a high quality consistant performing target pistol check out the high standard target pistols. you won't be disappointed. I own a high standard Victor which is pretty much a tack driver. http://www.highstandard.com/guns.html

My choice also! The millitary pistol team, used them for years.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-12-2005, 03:51 PM
DM

Over the years i've won more matches with my old Hi Standard military Victor than any other22lri've owned, includeing Smith 41's, and several Rugers. I've also put a huge amount of meat in my freezer with it too!!

Personally, i don't think the Rugers are in the same league as the Smiths or Hi Standards..

Drilling Man
Old 12-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DM

Over the years i've won more matches with my old Hi Standard military Victor than any other22lri've owned, includeing Smith 41's, and several Rugers. I've also put a huge amount of meat in my freezer with it too!!

Personally, i don't think the Rugers are in the same league as the Smiths or Hi Standards..

Drilling Man

DM, a buddy down the road has a Smithcollection and has a beautiful 41. I love that that pistol!
Old 12-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im sure all those mentioned are great- My best shooting 22. pistol in a(older model?) Ruger mark 2 target pistol with10+ inch bull barrel- i like mine it does shoot real nice.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Ruger MK3 with the 5 1/2" bull barrel I got it in early November so I haven't been able to shoot it much but what little I have I'm sure I will never sell it. And after all it is A Ruger. I hope this helps chad

Quick Reply: Target Pistol (Rimfire)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.