Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.44 mag?

Old 12-08-2005, 04:41 PM

Default RE: .44 mag?

wel,
For whats its worth i have had 2 ruger super blackhawks in 44 mag.I sold my 5-1/2 barrel and now have a 7-1/2 and love it.It can shoot better than I can.Plus it makes me feel like a cowboy when its on my hip in the mountains!
One other thing don't take any gun "salesmen" at what they say. For the most part The gunstore people I have dealt with are honest but I have also found that alot of guys working in a gunstore have a tendency to make things up when they dont know any facts. I tore a saleman apart at a gander mountain for telling the person looking that the glock is a piece of you know what. He couldnt even tell me about the finish -tenifer, the barrel-polygonal or the action "safe action".
Remember opinions vary, just dont make stuff up!
Nathan
Old 12-08-2005, 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: drh1175

I looked at all three. I liked the ruger, and the taurus the best. However the saleman said there is no comparison the S&W is steps above the rest. I am not sure I agree. I want to buy the biggest I can handle. I want to shoot for fun too so I was thinking the .454 Casull is a bit much. That is why I was leaning the .44. I like shooting the .357 however for bear control I feel it is a tad light.
dont listen to them smith and wesson cant even fire the bigger rounds in 44mag
oh and buy the ruger its rated the most reliable and best built i have a redhawk 7 1/2 in. and love it its not to bulky or heavy i also carry it concealed a good holster is all you need

.44 Magnum +P+

[align=center]

Item 4D:
340 gr. LBT-LFN GC . (1478 fps / M.E. 1649 ft. lbs.)
Per Box of 20
$28.99
Order Now[/align][blockquote]
[blockquote]
NEW HEAVY 44 MAGNUM +P+
This new load is designed for only certain revolvers that have the cylinder length to handle it. They are as follows. Ruger Red Hawk, Taurus Raging Bull and Dan Wesson Revolvers. Suitable rifles include T/C Encore, "modified" Marlin 1894, Winchester 1894, any rifle with a falling block action and the Handi Rifle.
[/blockquote][/blockquote]
Old 12-08-2005, 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: DannyD

Reb,
Wow. That's a tough one to hide i would think. I usually think of concealed weapons as smaller

Where do you hide that monster Reb? Down there in that beautiful weather with shorts and tee shirts
i carry mine 7 1/2 redhawk its all in the holster
Old 12-08-2005, 11:49 PM

I agree with not getting the Taurus. I had one and the trigger was very very sloppy shooting double action. Single action shooting was not that bad. If you want a quality gun, go with the Ruger or S&W.