Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Concealed Carry >

Concealed Carry

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Concealed Carry

Old 11-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Concealed Carry

What is a good handgun to use for concealed carry? Please mention clip fed, no snubs.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Concealed Carry

I carry a Glock model 23 in .40 S&W it is small powerful and easy to conceal I hope this helps chad
Old 11-30-2005, 05:40 PM

I carry 1 of 2, Barretta Tomcat 32acp or Bursa 380acp. it depends what IM wearing and what season it is.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out springfield armors pistols. I dont know if the link works or not cause it wasnt working for me.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:54 PM

none of that allowed here in n.j
did not know n.y allowed it
Old 11-30-2005, 09:08 PM

nac EVERYONE in the U.S.A. has a permit and it is good coast too coast. It is called the 2nd Amendment too the Constitution!!!

dh it all depends on your budget. For a good lil no none sense pocket pistol I must admit I have been pleasantly surprised by a Kel-Tec 9mm that I practically stole from a buddy. It aint purty, aint fancy but it goes bang, makes em leak and carries like a dream. Most of the time I simply carry it in my front pocket like a pair of keys or chapstick. Yet with 11 rnds (10 mag and 1 in the tube) it has plenty of firepower for a pocket pistol. My brother has a Kahr 9 that is about the same size (and about 5 times the price!) and it shoots very well for a pocket pistol. Of course the compact Glocks are well... Glocks. They are ALWAYS good guns and you can't go wrong with them.

Why are you dismissing the snubbies? I have a Smith Airweight that is really a GREAT gun and I can promise you that NO man alive can take 5 MagSafes fromt his baby and keep on truckin. I think alot of people think they need massive firepower for conceal carry. Realistically the simple presence of a gun will deter an attack. If you MUST shoot, 1 shot (assumin you didn't hit them or not very hard) will result in "Aholes and elbows". If you truly had 15-20 rounds and emptied them allover the street you best not be worried about the thugs you better be worried about the D.A. because it will be awfully hard to convince him the threat still existed after the first shot or two was fired.

Something to think about,
RA
Old 11-30-2005, 09:24 PM

Glock 19 or smaller 26 models depending on what you are wearing,WITH Quality ammo (Winchester/Speer) works very well!But I also like the Ruger SP101 .357mag. snubnose.Whatever you choose make sure to practice practiceshooting and drawing ......
Old 11-30-2005, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Springfield XD 40 Tactical, and am seriously thinking of getting the sub-compact XD for concealed carry. You can't go wrong with the Springfields!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

the sub Springfield is a nice firearm. I have the service model. Love it. Just a little big to carry.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:09 AM

See the active thread on this topic. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1310393

Quick Reply: Concealed Carry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.