Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 ER Shaw Barrels >

ER Shaw Barrels

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ER Shaw Barrels

Old 11-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ER Shaw Barrels

Just wondering if anyone on here has used an ER Shaw barrel before. If so, how satisfied were/are you with the purchase? How was the service? How was the quality/fit/finish of the product?

The reason I ask is I have a Czech VZ24 action that I want to have made into a custom. I am thinking along the lines of a .25-06 with a 26" #2.5 or #3 contour for long range speed goats/mule deer/coyotes.

Any thoughts would be great!!

Thanks
Old 11-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ER Shaw Barrels

I have had E.R. Shaw rebarrel at least half a dozen rifles for me. Evertrhing they have done was top notch work. They have reblued a few for me as well. I have not done anything lately but for my money they are a good outfit to work with.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

I had shaw recently rebarrel a winchester model 70 to 35 whelen for a rifle I was having built for my father. I got the #3 contour 23" barrel and had the whole thing given a matte blue finish. They did a great job. THe fit and finish was very good and the barrel has proven very accurate. I was really impressed with thier work given the afordable price. They were also dead on with their expected delivery time.

Old 11-27-2005, 12:24 PM

I have used a number of E.R. Shaw barrels over the years with good results. They are comparable to Douglas and Shilen barrels, and represent a good value for the varmint or big game hunter.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:43 PM
bigcountry

I have had a few of the different manufacturer's and for now on I am a Dan Lilja guy. My last Krieger was little rough for me. Might have been the ream job, but copper fouled kinda bad.

Old 11-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think the best thing about the Shaw barrels is that they make a very good hunting quality barrel for a very good price. They do good work and get it done in pretty short order. I wouldn't say that they are world class barrels but they shoot well and while maybe not a bench rest barrel, if your looking for a good hunting barrel, theymake them.