Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Mossberg Slugsters? >

Mossberg Slugsters?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Mossberg Slugsters?

Old 11-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mossberg Slugsters?

What does everybody think about them. I'm thinking about asking Santa for one this xmas.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mossberg Slugsters?

I have one with a 1.5 to 4.5 nikon slug gun scope. It shoots good for a slug gun. I like the federal premium barnes expander sabots do the deer in good.I also like the cheek piece on the stock.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:23 PM

I have the 935 w/ thecantilever barrel. I bough the gun with two other barrels and picked up the rifled slug barrel later. The barrel and gun are great. Very good groups with Lightfield 3" slugs. My only problem is with the barrel function for ejecting the shells. The other barrels work great, butthis one will not eject the shell. I spoke to Mossberg and they want the hole thing returned. I told them just after I am done hunting with it this year.
Try Walmart for prices - either in the store or online. They have a special order firearms catolog that shows some hard to beat prices.
- Ingoldx1
Old 11-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a few guys poke fun at my old 500 Mossbergs. I'm currently shooting an 870 special purpose and just bought a H&R 20 - BUT - I have 2 500's that are about 20 & 25yrs old.Both are dependable shooters and the one with Scoped rifled Cant barrel has put down many many deer out to 125yrds+ using nothing more than Federal Sabots! Not a good lookin gun,noisy action, but alot of bang for the $buck$. Go for it!
Old 11-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

AJ52 sez:
I've had a few guys poke fun at my old 500 Mossbergs.
I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut that those jokers are just jealous and feel stupid. Cause they spent a whole lot more on their "premium" guns and they don't shoot any better than yours (which cost considerably less). I'll bet they don't really like the H&R either cause they might have spent more on their scopes than you did on your gun. A bit like a broken sewage pipe aren't they? Poop just flowing right out.

If there are two darn good guns to do any job you need a shotgun to do - it would be the 500 and 870.

Give your buddies a tissue a piece and tell them to stop their sniveling.