Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Mossberg 935 slug barrel issue >

Mossberg 935 slug barrel issue

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Mossberg 935 slug barrel issue

Old 11-21-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Mossberg 935 slug barrel issue

I have a Mossberg 935 w/ three barrels. I have the 24" turkery, 28" waterfowl, and the cantilever slug barrel. Due to injurys last summer and this fall I have not been able to shoot much. I did shoot a couple of boxes thru all of the barrels except the slug barrel.
My problem is that only with the slug barrel does in not want to eject the spent shells. I shot the other barrels first andthe gunwould function finewith 2 3/4 high brass all day in the other barrels. I can not get 3" 1 1/8oz slug loads to eject with the slug barrel though. Iam using Lightfield slugs and have tried a couple of other brands with no luck.I have had the barrel too long to return it. I cleaned the port holes to the gas valve with a pipe cleaner, no luck.I was told to polish the receivingend where the shell loads. I am open to any ideas.
Thanks!!!!

- Ingoldx1
Old 11-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mossberg 935 slug barrel issue

Carpmasters 935 slug barrel has a different problem. He was shooting 3" 1oz slugs and they were tumbling. I shot the same shells out of my SBE and they shot fine. Mossburg is going to send him a new barrel.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:36 AM

Yeah, I saw that. I talked to a gun smith and he said the barrel extractor alignmentmay be the issue. I tried to place a shell in the barrel w/o the receiver attached. I noticed that the shell did stick in the barrel. I polished the lip and cleaned out the area. Now a 2 3/4 and 3" shell will fall in and out on thier own. A 3 1/2 has a little of grab, but I think that is just becuase of the length and my cleaning job after polishing. I will attack it agian today with a small brush to get any residue out.
- Ingoldx1
Old 11-23-2005, 07:42 AM

I should also add that I sighted it in at 50yds and had very good groups. I shot it to check to see it had started working on opening day by shooting at a tree at 30yds and I was hiting slugs on top of each other. The extraction seems to be my only issue.
- Ingoldx1