Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 BELGIUM MADE BROWNING RIFLE ...AGE? >

BELGIUM MADE BROWNING RIFLE ...AGE?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

BELGIUM MADE BROWNING RIFLE ...AGE?

Old 11-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default BELGIUM MADE BROWNING RIFLE ...AGE?

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME WHEN THIS BELGIUM MADE BROWNINGRIFLEWAS MADE BY USING THE SERIAL NUMBER ... 7L 39745 ?
THANK YOU
DD
Old 11-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BELGIUM MADE BROWNING RIFLE ...AGE?

You must first tell us what model the gun is....
Old 11-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

You must first tell us what model the gun is
couldn't you figure that out with the serial number?
Old 11-13-2005, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Browning's website has a place where you can get serial number info for each model

http://photos.ohioglockers.com/Toy-chest
Old 11-13-2005, 10:35 AM

i believe he may be talking about the 22atd thats the only belgium made browning i know of. it a semi auto 22 that loads through the but and ejects out the bottom. the gun is in to pieces and it splits right where the barrel and the reciever meet. nice little gun i dont personally have a browning but i have a norinco interarms one that is the exact same.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 700bdl870exp

i believe he may be talking about the 22atd thats the only belgium made browning i know of. it a semi auto 22 that loads through the but and ejects out the bottom. the gun is in to pieces and it splits right where the barrel and the reciever meet. nice little gun i dont personally have a browning but i have a norinco interarms one that is the exact same.
Before they brought out the A-Bolt, Browning made center fire rifles in Belgiumon the FN Mauser action.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

This rifle is a 270 Cal .... with the trap door magazine ...not sure what the model is ...

dd
Old 11-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

After researching the issue...

I believe it is a Belgian made Browning FN Mauser that was produced between 1960, (the first year they were made for Browning), and 1969, (the codes for brownings serial numbers were rewrittenin 1969,then again in 1976,and DD's serial numbers do not matcheither code.

If anyone could confirm this info I would appreciate it.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:21 PM

I think you are talking about the BAR semi-auto I bought he first one that came in to Ottawa, Canada in the 60s late in 30.06 after sighting in hunted one day with it and tried shooting firing pin was broke, returned it the next day. they didn,t have a replacement and offered me the only other one for $20 extra in 7mm mag,my brother and I each shot a dear with the 7mm, the next summer I sold it as it was rather a heavey gun, the fellow who bought it had the same proplem firing pin, took him a long time to get it fixed
Old 11-24-2005, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: manitou210

I think you are talking about the BAR semi-auto I bought he first one that came in to Ottawa, Canada in the 60s late in 30.06 after sighting in hunted one day with it and tried shooting firing pin was broke, returned it the next day. they didn,t have a replacement and offered me the only other one for $20 extra in 7mm mag,my brother and I each shot a dear with the 7mm, the next summer I sold it as it was rather a heavey gun, the fellow who bought it had the same proplem firing pin, took him a long time to get it fixed
why didn't u just get the firing pin replaced instead of returning the gun?

Quick Reply: BELGIUM MADE BROWNING RIFLE ...AGE?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.