Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What do you bring to the shooting range? >

What do you bring to the shooting range?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What do you bring to the shooting range?

Old 11-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What do you bring to the shooting range?

ORIGINAL: etothepii

I almost forget! I like to bring a cigar! Take a break from the shooting, smoke a cigar, and shoot the breeze with whoever is there!

Yeah! A good olde Arturo Fuente Corona!
Old 11-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

I also take a Black and Decker Workmate, and a 5 gal bucket to sit on when I shoot...
This is my exact setup when I go to the gravel pits instead of the range...
Old 12-02-2005, 11:29 PM

etothepi. I usually bring skaol and water. some captains wafers. I also bring either my old swift spotter with separate eyepieces for different powers. Or my Unitron 20x80 binocs. usually I bring about 7 or 8 guns and don't get to half of them.
But sometimes, when I do it right, I bring one gun and alot of ammo and really practice.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:36 PM

[ul][*]Rifles[*]Ammo[*]Bench rest[*]Rear bag rest[*]Leupold Wind River spotting scope[*]Tripod[*]One piece cleaning rods & kit
[ul][*]Patches[*]Jags, patch pullers, mops, etc[*]Bore guide[*]Scissors[*]Chamber mop & cleaning rod[*]Hoppes No 9 solvent[*]Sweets 7.62 copper solvent[*]Cleaning vise[*]Roll of paper towels[*]Rag[/ul][*]Targets[*]Heavy duty staple gun[*]Extra staples[*]Hearing protection[*]Towel or mat for bench[*]Range bag to put most of this stuff in[*]Pen for recording data on targets[*]Water[*]Beef jerkey[*]Chapman tool kit with hollow ground screwdriver bits[*]Bag to hide face in when I put too big a patch on the jag and get the cleaning rod stuck in the barrel[:@][*]Rubber mallet to tap jammed cleaning rod free when wearing above mentioned bag[/ul]
Old 12-04-2005, 12:58 AM

I carry all my stuff in a 5 gallon bucket with one of those cloth things that holds tools in little pouches on the inside and outside. I carry:

Ammo
stapler
targets
stick on target dots
sand bags
spotting scope and small table top tripod (the tripod folds into about the same size as the spotting scope.
Gun vise if I need it
Screwdrivers that fit
Notebook and pencil
roll of masking tape (to cover bullet holes if needed)
Ear muffs
Ear plugs (I wear both)
A collapsed largish moving box - I unfold into a box, put some rocks in the bottom and staple targets on to it. It lasts a long time.

I usually also bring along a bulky jacket, hat and gloves all similar to what I'll wear when hunting.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Binos,
Range finder
bullets
targets,
cardboard
stapler
tackle box with tools!
Old 12-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Front & rear sandbags. Benchrest shooting rest. Boresighting device. Gunsmith screwdriver set. Set of cleaning/loading rods of various calibers. Cleaning supplies. Brass drift punch & hammer. Spotting scope. Chronograph. Steel measuring tape, and targets/cardboard target frames

Guns, ammo, or powder, ball, caps & flints when shooting frontstuffers.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Anymore with me, its what I bring home from the range that really matters. A while back I went to the range with three rifles and came home with two. I got to visiting with another guy and walked off and left one rifle leaning against a post there. I didn't notice until the next day when I went to bring everything back in the house. I went back to the range but of course the rifle was gone. I reported it to the cop shop but it never showed up.[:@]. So you see, you can in lifes cycle, get to old to play with guns. It was a NEF 223 rifle with a NEW Trophy 3x9x50 scope on it. My wife filed this little episode away for use at a later date.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Host of Hosts

How about bringing a friend? Someone who has never fired a gun before. Get them hooked!
Old 12-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

The worst thing I ever did was leave one of my scope caps behind , never to be seen again. Now a rifle that’s a different story.

Quick Reply: What do you bring to the shooting range?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.