Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

woohooo

Old 10-24-2005, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default woohooo

just browsing walmart last night...actually buying food and such for college.....i ended up browsing the sporting goods on the way tothe food lol.......well i saw some ammo and was like ya...i need a box of 06 ammo for rifle season incase i get a day or 2 to hunt.......ahhh 165gr winchester powerpoints worked like a charm last year...and dropped 3 deer where they stood no problem at all....and were NASTY when they hit a bone.......ill shoot them this year.....went to buy a box...just to have and when i make it to the range next ill have the ammo.......and while waiting on the guy...i noticed a 168gr ballistic silvertips!! normally 25something a box........yesterday..13 bucks a box!!! i bought one.....kicking myself for not buying all 3.....i just dont know how they will shoot in my gun for sure...but i bet they shoot well......ive never fired anything from it that DIDNT shoot well........just couldnt waste the money to find my gun shoots a shotgun pattern with them being in college and all.......if i go home and they still have them i will pick up atleast one more box though..........anyone use these for deer? .30-06 168gr winchester ballistic tips........should be a good deer bullet.....ive seen dad take a bunch with 165gr noslers.....same bullet just coated..right?? what should i expect...? just wondering......i was pumped yesterday lol....good find!......i always find the stragling boxes of ammo marked down...one year i kept finding hidden boxes of heavy field loads that are 10-15 bucks a box for the 12 ga real cheap....love it........i lookedatall 20 of the silver tips....they all look fine....just getting rid of last years stock i guess.......man they look sexy with the nickle cases and black coated bullets with the silver tip!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 07:53 AM

Default RE: woohooo

haha i know exactly what you mean...my eye always catches the silvertips or the federal accubond,,,,,,,,,yes they look quite good looking
Old 10-24-2005, 08:50 PM

Default RE: woohooo

I too shoot the silvertips in 30-06 and they are very accurate. I would have faith in it as being a deer cartridge.