Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Here I go again >

Here I go again

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Here I go again

Old 10-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Here I go again

I learned of a new bore cleaner on another forum and so even though I've got a cabinet full of just about every solvent you could think of, I couldn't help myself and have placed an order for a bottle of KG12 copper solvent. This company also has some other products such as KG1, KG2, etc., for other specific cleaning needs, but the copper solvent was all that interested me at this time. Has anyone heard of this product or better yet, used it?

Here's a link to the company: http://www.kgcoatings.com/
Old 10-20-2005, 01:33 PM

Default RE: Here I go again

KG guncote is a fine product and one I use. THis stuff has some pretty outlandish claims I would wait a while and see how others do with it. I would hate to destroy an otherwise fine barrel.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:57 PM
bigcountry

Know what you mean solitary, just recieved in my butches to try. Going to try montana next. Why? Cause I am freakin crazy.

Nah, just like trying stuff. let me know how it does. I was disappointed to see butches had water in it.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:59 PM

I was disappointed to see butches had water in it.
The KG is also water based
Old 10-20-2005, 02:02 PM
bigcountry

Lets see, they both sound like CR-10 or sweets. Both smell like CR-10. Butches has the consistency of CR-10. Boy, I hope it doesn't rust a barrel in 15 min like CR-10.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

I have had good luck with Coppermelt they have a web sith www.coppermelt.com oryou can buy it from Brownell's it is pretty expensive but i think it is well worth it chad
Old 10-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Boy, I hope it doesn't rust a barrel in 15 min like CR-10.
Now you’re starting to scare me, rust in 15 minutes. That doesn’t sound good. I’ve used it once or twice on a S/S barrel.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been using Cr10 since finding Sweets became a problem in my area and haven't had any issues. Then again I have never left it in my bore for 15 minutes either. I pretty much subscribe to the "elbow grease method". Push the wet patch wait a couple minutes, push another wet patch wait a couple minutes, follow that with a couple of dry patchs and repeat until I stop pulling blue. I also start with my shooters choice solevant and then go to my Cr10 treatment.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

CR-10 has never caused me any problems. I usually leave it in the bore from 10 to 15 minutes at a time. Lately, though, Wipeout is what I've been using mostly for copper fouling just because it's easier to use. I've also tried Coppermelt and didn't have very good experience with it. My first bottle arrived totally empty, the pressure that had built up inside the bottle caused the cap to unseal and it all leaked out in transit. The replacement bottle also had some leakage, but90% or better was still in there.After using it, however,I wasn't impressed and since it cost about $30a bottle, I won't try any more. I'll give this KG12 a try and see how I like it. I also want to try Montana Extreme 50BMG. The guys at Sinclair Int'l really like it. One of these days I might actually find the ultimate bore cleaner, but I doubt it.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Spike

I am in contact with the original owner/Inventor of coppermelt. He has for some reason or other been running undercover.

If anyone has an interest in using coppermelt, I'm sure we can get some bottles out to you. Apparently, the product works like a charm,as i have been told, but production has suffered and supply is almost non existant. I do not know the formula, nor want to, so please be aware of this. i am only a go between for the time being.

pm me, and I will see what I can do for you.

Thanks