Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
ALL THESE DIFFERENT 7mm? >

ALL THESE DIFFERENT 7mm?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ALL THESE DIFFERENT 7mm?

Old 01-02-2002, 12:26 PM

Default RE: ALL THESE DIFFERENT 7mm?

dcan, yes you are correct about the other's being more powerful. What I was talking about was the most popular AND conventional. The guns you mentioned are more in line with "wildcat" or specialty lines of 7mm's. I'm under the impression that swampman wants a more traditional 7mm, with ample power and performance and not having to pay and arm & leg for one of the 7mm's you mentioned.

I look at buying a rifle caliber with "practicality" in mind. I look for cost, how many guns a company produces and if that particular caliber/bullet will still be in production after a decade.

Like with the Weatherby's. Ammo costs you your "first born" for a box. Multiply that times range "sight in ammo", then a box for actual hunting and you may be looking at close to 100.00!!!! Ditto for Lazzeroni's!

If you have money to burn, then go ahead and buy a "non-typical" rifle/caliber. I don't like to go into my local gun store and not have the ammunition readily available on the shelf when I want it. When I want something, i want it now. I don't want to have to order it.

With a 7mm Rem Mag, chances are close to 100% that a gun store will have plenty of ammo on hand. Also, that bullet/caliber will probably be around for my grand kids to shoot too. Are we all sure that a Lazzeroni, Dakota or an STW will be around that long??? I'm not willing to take that chance, or pay my first born chil'n just to go out and do a little hunting around the neighborhood.

But that's just what works for me personally. For others, there are different ideas that work for them.
Old 01-02-2002, 01:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-02-2002, 02:22 PM

dcan, you're right. I agree with you about the 7mm-08. Especially since swampmant said his ranges are between 50-150 yards. Either or, the 7mm rem mag or the 7mm-08 are probably the two most popular 7mm's on the market. One being the "magnum" bigger brother of the two....
Old 01-02-2002, 04:14 PM

well since u can buy 7mm rem mag bullets just bout everywhere and they have a good selection, this will prob be my next rifle o well if i blow a deer up lol j/j.at least i know 9 out of 10 i will drop umm!!