Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

accuracy

Old 10-16-2005, 03:52 PM
cck

Default accuracy

I am looking for my first centerfire rifle in 243 Win. I have two guns in my mind Browning A-Bolt hunter and Savage Weather Warrior. Accuracy is my main concern. Please give some advices.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:56 PM

Default RE: accuracy

Boy, both great rifles for accuracy. I have an A-bolt, and it as a 1" to 1.5"inch gun if I do my part, but I my next gun will be a savage, I really like buddy's with the accutrigger. Savage's accuracy are getting to be common knowledgeas well.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like both guns. Most Brownings shoot really well but so do most Savage rifles. For the price Savage pretty much rules. You can't go wrong. See which one you like the feel of best and go with it. Your gonna win either way.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

welcome to the forums cck, ditto all the above, not to mention the .243 is a accurate catridge to start with
Old 10-16-2005, 04:32 PM
cck

thanks for all yor relpies. The only thing judge my decision is they are both have their own good.
Browning has its beautiful Stock and light weight.
Savage has an awesome accu trigger.

Why can't both goods things combine in one gun.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

The tikka t-3 is another choice worth considering since all tikka rifles must shoot 1" or better groups before being sold.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:13 PM
cck

Yes, I was thinking about T_3 but after reading this......

http://www.thegunzone.com/rifles-kb.html
Old 10-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I amthinking that after those incidents,sako and tikka will probably have the best quality control in the industry.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: cck

.....beautiful stock...light weight...awesome...trigger
Why can't both goods things combine in one gun.
Ok, take a close look at the Winchester Featherweights!
Old 10-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

CCK,

You actually can have the best of both worlds. Here's what I would do, I'd get the Browning and have an accu trigger put on by a gunsmith. Or, get the Savage and buy a new stock for it. The great thing about the Savage is that it has a lot of aftermarket parts for it because it is so popular. Adding a new stock is easy and can be done at home with just a screwdriver in most cases. That might be the cheapest route. Savage with aftermarket stock gets my vote of these two. By the way, the stock the Savage comes with is pretty damn durable, I wouldn't even change it unless you just don't like synthetic stocks.

Quick Reply: accuracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.