Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Help!!!

Old 10-10-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Help!!!

I just bought a new gun the other day (Remington 700 stainless 30.06), My problem is that i ordered the New simmons master series aetec scope. That was about 2 weeks ago and i called bass pro and they have been telling me that they should have it in the next 30 days, they have been telling me this for 2 weeks. So i called simmons and they don't even know when they are going to start shipping the scopes out to dealers (getting pissed by this time) i guess i shouldn't be so rushy and everything but i bought a new gun i want to shoot it and i was going to wait until i got my scope and everything set up before i started shooting and plus gun season is getting closer. My question is, would yall recommend some scopes, i would like to stay in the 150-250 or so price range. I like the 50mm scopes better. Sorry for the long story.

Thanks, Bama
Old 10-10-2005, 09:21 AM

Default RE: Help!!!

well I don't know about the 50mm, but the Burris Fullfield II and the Leupold Riflemen are both pretty nice scopes for around that kind of money. Also I have one of the Cabela's PineRidge series on my 06 and it's a pretty good scope for the money too.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:34 AM

I just like the 50mm better and you know it would work if it was a 44mm or so also. I just looked at the Leupold Rifleman scope 3-9x50mm is this scope worth the price or would i be better off getting a VXI?
Old 10-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

1 more vote forthe burris. Take a look at the Burris L.R.S great scope a little more than $250 but worth every penny They go for $350
Old 10-10-2005, 11:48 AM

Any suggestions you may have i would like to hear. Tell me what you like and dislike about your scope or the scope you mention. I had considered the burris fullfield II but backed out when i seen that simmons was coming out with the aetec but they have got me ticked off right now. I know i said earlier i like the 50 mm better but is it really any better off than the 40mm. Sorry for all the questions.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is one I just got about 5 weeks ago and was I suprise at it. it is the barska 6-24-44 tac. scope with the side A.O it is as clear as the burris and the leopold that I have I would buy this scope again, on the gun reveiw forum there are more that have this scope and are very happy the price is $199.00 mil. dot lighted rec. just a around good scope it has egdes cross hairsnot wires that can break.as for the Burris I love the the B-plex it is a bullet drop cal. just move down and put the diff. cross hairs and shoot
Old 10-10-2005, 04:21 PM

I got a Burris Fullfield II with the ballistic plex in the spring and absolutely love it! The b-plex is right on, its sighted in for 100 yds and works easily out to 200 yds, just havent hade the oppurtunity to use it farther. I got a steal on it at a mom and pop gun shop here for around $160, worth every penny spent. Itsextremely clear, and you cant do better than a forever warranty. I know it comes in 50mm you should check it out
Old 10-11-2005, 07:57 AM

Alright if it was down between a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x50mm or a Leupold VXI 3-9-50mm which would yall choose? I can get the burris for 269.95 and the leupold for 299.99
Old 10-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

1 vote for Burris
Old 10-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Loopy here.