Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Encore rimfire conversion >

Encore rimfire conversion

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Encore rimfire conversion

Old 09-06-2005, 07:54 AM

Default Encore rimfire conversion

Does anybody know where i can get a rimfire conversion kit for my encore and how much they cost?
Old 09-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Encore rimfire conversion

Great question!
I'd be interested in knowing that myself!
Hope someone gets back with us!!
Old 09-07-2005, 09:58 PM

Default RE: Encore rimfire conversion

Bullberry makes both the conversion and the barrels, and lots have been written about them. Also try out Mike Bellm's site- its a must have for Encore shooters. He sells oversized hinge pins and trigger spring kits that do WONDERS for your TC- and he provides a downloadable instruction page about how to rework the trigger WITH PICS for us dense guys (TC realy did a poor job with the castings on the sear/trigger and hammer, at least on mine). I did mine in under an hour - 2.5 lbs, no creep,little overtravel (my choice, you can adjust for none but I like the margin of safety) and smooth as butter. Its actually easy to do! A word of advice though- go slow, order several spring weights (they have about a 2 lb range between spring types) and get the special pliers he sells to put the sear/spring combo back in. All together I bought 3 weights of trigger springs, a heavier than stock mainspring (it whacks the heck out of primers!) a one size oversize pin (which fit PERFECT and was finished to a mirror shine) and the tools for around $50 or so as I recall. Great Saturday project for this winter for 'ya, you'll be glad you did!