Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 question why pay so much for a scope? >

question why pay so much for a scope?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

question why pay so much for a scope?

Old 09-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default question why pay so much for a scope?

my dad wants to know and im kinda wondering why pay so much for a scope like 175.00 for a scope seems like alot but i was wondering what so important about a scope?
Old 09-05-2005, 06:25 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: question why pay so much for a scope?

So you don't have to buy another one next year, and not have to constantly have to adjust them. Also so you can actually see the animal your shooting. Lastly, so it won't fog up so you can actually see the animal in nasty weather.

Old 09-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

how much should i pay for a scope i got one last year for 30 dollars seemed to work fine but everyone seems to want a buris fullfeild or bushnell for like 175 or leopold whats the diffrence
Old 09-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

If you are using the scope on a hunting (not Plinking) rifle you should not take any shortcuts with the scope. More than likely you will be buying a new one or find the scope will not hold point of aim.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

I would say $175 for a scope is even cheap,I'd also say a scope for $30 is either a toy or a problem waiting to happen,and probably at the worst time.You know about old Murphy right?
Old 09-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

i dontno i got my first deer with the 30 dollar toy lol but ill probly go with the burris fullfeild 2 or the bushnell 3200 but i only got 575.00 and i need to get a new 30-06 and a SCOPE
Old 09-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Everything Big Country said is true! A thirty dollar scope IS going to fail you, SOONER, rather than later!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:16 PM
bigcountry

ryn, you will probably do the same thing we all have done. Buy cheap cause thats what you can afford. Seems to work, and then you might or might not have a problem. Upgrade to fix that problem. If it still isn't fixed keep upgrading. Then one day you might upgrade cause of namebrand or recommendations or cause you want the "best". But sooner or later you will fall into a place where you are comfortable with a certain amount of quality.

For me, I started with a cheap tasco. The recticle fell. I then got a simmons. Can't remember the model. It fogged up. I then got a 8-point, and the POI kept shifting. I then at 25 got a leupold. For the past decade, I have bought dozens, and been happy. But recently have asked the same quesiton you ask. So I tried a bushnell 3200 and was shocked and happy. But didn't like the eye relief. So I went with a 4200. Very happy with a little cheaper than the Leupold. I think I found my comfort level of quality price and all. Some people don't stop there and go to the Swarski (not sure how to spell), and some go further for even more high dollar.

Old 09-05-2005, 07:21 PM

I like Leupold and have one on all of my rifles and some of my shotguns. I think that Nikon makes great scopes too and they are cheaper than the Leupold, by a hair. I did however hunt for years with a Tasco, and it never "broke" but I really have learned to appreciate the better quality glass and clarity in the Leupold.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

i have a cheap tasco pronghorn on my 30-06 but i gave that to my dad on my 30-06 and he gave me his ruger mini thirty and im selling that for a new 30-06 and a scope probly get the savage combo with simmons scope but i might upgrade the scope or get diffrent gun if im getting a scope its a toss up today my first day posting and ive been asking lots of question about 30-06 and scopes thanks for the help ne more suggestions or nething

Quick Reply: question why pay so much for a scope?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.