Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington or Browning >

Remington or Browning

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington or Browning

Old 09-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington or Browning

deleted
Old 09-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

Well, all things must be weighed. What is the ratio of guns sold to guns returned for both makers? I'll bet the ratio is the same and I'll bet that remington has sold more rifles than browning. I dont know this for a fact, but it stands to reason. Now, I have an ADL in 30-06 and have put about 400 rounds through it. It is just dandy! No issues here, but a pal of mine has a browning a bolt stainless. He wouldnt trade it for the world! Is his better? It looks better! EJ
Old 09-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Browning all the way, never seen a bad one yet. remingtons will get more votes cause there cheaper and more people own them.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:13 PM

I havea Remington Classic in .375 H&H and an A-Bolt in .300 WM. Both are excellent in terms of accuracy and reliability....seems like a Ford vs. Chevy question. If you have a preference for one, get it and be happy. Otherwise pick the one that feels best or you find most appealing and don't get into analysis paralysis!!
Old 09-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Remington 700 models.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:31 PM

I bought two new Remington 700s last year, a .30-06 BDL and an 8x57 Classic. My only complaint against either is Remington's famously heavy out-of-box trigger pull. Even so, the triggers are crisp so I haven't messed with 'em.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Remington.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Find yourself a FN Browning Bolt!

BROWNING got into the bolt-action rifle business in a big way in 1959, when it introduced the FN Mauser-based High-Power rifles. These were supplemented in 1963 with a short-action line based on Sako actions.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

I have several rem,browning,win and savage rifles.The brownings were the most accurate out of the box over all ,but have several remingtons that were and are as accurate out of the box.
Just bought a rem sps in 22/50 tried to shoot it and couldn't get a bullet in the chamber without a lot of forse and some would not go in period.sent it back on tuesday got it back on the next thursday,which I think was pretty swift.They said they polished the chamber and I do know they put a new bolt in it,now it loads fine and it shoots very well for a less expensive rifle.Just shot it this morning got a one hole at 100,3/4 in @200 and a one inch @300,this was with a new load that I was trying with it.So I think they shoot very well.Also tried a 3-shot hunting load in an older model rem in 7/08 and it shot a one holer.nothing has been done to these rifles except adjusting the trigger and on the 7/08 I put a cheaper camo stock on it for looks but it didn't do anything to hinder the accuracy.
If you get the browning and you reload I wouldn't get one with the boss on it,if you're only shooting factory loads you will be fine with the boss.
So I would get which ever fit you the best and you can afford the best, both work fine.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:14 PM

I have 2 browning rifles that I like very much. I'd say they are every bit outstanding in their construction and performance. Remington has a HUGE following and you have no doubt noticed their loyal customers posting here. They have made and continue to make some fine rifles but.......am I the only one who thinks they have cut the quality of their products to increase the profit? I'm sure this is true of all the companies, but it has made a big disappointment for me. I know several guys that purchased cheaper Remington 7 (710) something Rifles with the gray stock - only to have them crap out on them. An example of a product that was widely considered crap by those selling them, by the way. Yet Remington shoveled them out the door by the thousands. Ouch!!!

The point I make is that I think comparing an entry level Remington to the Browning A-Bolt series is not an apples to apples comparison. In order to be fair, I think a comparison to the mid to level Remingtons is in order. In that price category, they are very close to each other and it is a personal preference. Be realistic, there isnt a $400 difference inany of the common rifles found in the hands ofus average hunters. If price is what is driving your concern, I would consider some of the savage rifles that have been gathering great reviews at a reasonable price. I might go looking for an older used Remington or even a used Browning. Many fine guns can be found used for $300-400. If you can go $600, you can purchase either the Browning or the Remington (the mid level stuff). Either would do well for you. I would, however avoid entry level Remington Rifles.

OK,OK, OK - so I will probably make some people mad, I know you probably have 4 of those "crappy" grey Remington model 7 somethings that shoot great and are the best thing since sliced bread - Good for you!! I've buried three of them in the last year just within my small circle of friends, personal experience.

Didn't someone once say "you get what you pay for"?
Old 09-05-2005, 06:00 PM

I own a new Remington 700 CDL in 30-06. I can't complain about it. Well, the trigger pull is a little heavier than I like, but other than that no complaints. A gunsmith can lessen the trigger pull for me. Mine doesn't shoot one hole groups, but it will put three rounds in about a 2" group at 100 yards. I will never complain about that. 99% of my shooting is done under 200 yards, and at that range, with a decent rest I can hit deer sized game in the vitals every time. That is more than good enough for me. My rule is, a deer's heart is about the same size as a pack of cigarettes. If you can hit that empty pack of cigarettes at 100 yards you have a hunting rifle.

Quick Reply: Remington or Browning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.